Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #61
DavidG

Default Re: replacing fuel line.

The only thing located between the firewall and the firewall on a LHD '33-'34 when it was built was the nut and lock washer for the V-8 fuel line clip in the lower left corner, which is probably why you have that clip even though the car is a four. You might wish to look at some of the Ford assembly line photos that are available. When the fully trimmed body was dropped down on the assembled chassis the firewall insulator was already installed in the body and not added afterward. There was/is logic to the assembly of automobiles. Any one who has ever installed an exhaust system or fuel line with the body on the chassis knows in their heart that that was not the way it was done originally.

So, Frank, Fred, Claude, or whatever your real name is, it's time to leave the nest and fly on your own. More than 1,000 questions posed about one pretty straightforward automobile is way more than your fair share.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #62
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
The only thing located between the firewall and the firewall on a LHD '33-'34 when it was built was the nut and lock washer for the V-8 fuel line clip in the lower left corner, which is probably why you have that clip even though the car is a four. You might wish to look at some of the Ford assembly line photos that are available. When the fully trimmed body was dropped down on the assembled chassis the firewall insulator was already installed in the body and not added afterward. There was/is logic to the assembly of automobiles. Any one who has ever installed an exhaust system or fuel line with the body on the chassis knows in their heart that that was not the way it was done originally.

So, Frank, Fred, Claude, or whatever your real name is, it's time to leave the nest and fly on your own. More than 1,000 questions posed about one pretty straightforward automobile is way more than your fair share.
Thanks for your help.
I want to remind you that You told me that I had to remove my radiator, and pulley and grill to be able to remove my time gear cover, and I was able to do that without removing the front of my car. So you are extremely knowledgeable but you are NOT always right. And I think your comments here are pretty nasty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dillinger.jpg (10.7 KB, 2 views)
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #63
42merc

I want to remind you that You told me that I had to remove my radiator, and pulley and grill to be able to remove my time gear cover, and I was able to do that without removing the front of my car. So you are extremely knowledgeable but you are NOT always right. And I think your comments here are pretty nasty.

Frank, David G has bent over back wards to help you.
He did what I would have done 4 pages ago. DO. SOME RESEARCH,THE ANSWERS ARE OUT THERE. Try to help yourself.
42merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #64
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42merc View Post

Frank, David G has bent over back wards to help you.
He did what I would have done 4 pages ago. DO. SOME RESEARCH,THE ANSWERS ARE OUT THERE. Try to help yourself.
Yes, you are right.. Excuse me..I though this board was a place where antique car owner can go to discuss their issues not a place where I have to bring my lawyer to make sure I have all my i's dotted and T's crossed.
He was wrong!
He has always been helpful, but now he has become nasty
Old 04-18-2016, 08:07 AM   #65
DavidG

No, Claude, not nastly, just realistic. Of course I err like all human beings do, but you like to beat things to death asking basically the same questions over and over and over. Go back and add up the number of questions you have posed about your fuel line and at the same time note how many of them are basically repetitions of what you've already asked. I doubt if there is a frequenter of this site who would consider those totals as reasonable.

You have worn out your welcome in my book. Not nasty, just factual.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #66
FrankWest

I have been grateful to you all along for helping me. And I have always thanked you and held you in the highest regard. But when you tell me that I don't belong on here.
That is very pompous. I have documented what ever work I did with photos on here
for other to learn also. I shared with you alone the removal of repaint removal techniques preserving them original paint. And now I am treated like a pest. when I make posts I never specifically ask for you anyway. I didn;t want to bother you. So If I choose to ask questions, just don't answer. Don't worry, I won't bother you again.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #67
1931 flamingo

He didn't say you don't belong here. Many of your questions are redundant, and some lack common sense. I'm always amused by some of your questions aand do look forward to your posts. Don't leave. Buy some more books, get an early Motors Manual.

Hope I haven't offended you. Not my intent.
Paul in CT
When I was 15 I put together a 32 coupe powered by an olds engine. My knowledge came from reading the "little" books and speed catalogs (Honest Charley and others).
It's not rocket science.
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #68
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
He didn't say you don't belong here. Many of your questions are redundant, and some lack common sense. I'm always amused by some of your questions aand do look forward to your posts. Don't leave. Buy some more books, get an early Motors Manual.

Hope I haven't offended you. Not my intent.
Paul in CT
When I was 15 I put together a 32 coupe powered by an olds engine. My knowledge came from reading the "little" books and speed catalogs (Honest Charley and others).
It's not rocket science.
Sorry that I am not automobile wise enough for you guys. I spent my life in the aerospace industry designing spacecraft solar panels. Sorry I am too dumb for this board. This is the first car I have ever worked on. As a retired physicist I enjoyed this board as a place to talk about old car my new interest. I thought it was a friendly place where I could learn and have fun. But David, someone I very much respected, and you have shown me otherwise. I will not bother you guys again.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #69
DavidG

Claude,

As 1931 flamingo has advised, it is my welcome mat that you've worn out, not fordbarn.com's. The following paragraph is another reason you've done so.

Wow, what a memory. You did not "invent" the overlaid paint removal process that you used, but rather received advice on how to do it here on this forum which you then followed successfully. Revisionism herein will see more than my welcome mat withdrawn.

Lastly, your repeated references to your occupational experience seems a bit over the top. But, as a physicist, you would no doubt be thoroughly familiar with the concepts of research and homework. What a number of us here have been trying to share with you have been the result of our research and homework. Right or wrong, many of us believe that is the best way to acquire the knowledge necessary to get the most enjoyment out of your old car. Give it a whirl.

Over and out.

If you are a phy
Old 04-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #70
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

Hey Frank don't take it to heart ,I for one welcome your questions .If people don't like them then they shouldn't read ,Ted

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #71
FrankWest

Quote:
Claude,

As 1931 flamingo has advised, it is my welcome mat that you've worn out, not fordbarn.com's. The following paragraph is another reason you've done so.

Wow, what a memory. You did not "invent" the overlaid paint removal process that you used, but rather received advice on how to do it here on this forum which you then followed successfully. Revisionism herein will see more than my welcome mat withdrawn.

Lastly, your repeated references to your occupational experience seems a bit over the top. But, as a physicist, you would no doubt be thoroughly familiar with the concepts of research and homework. What a number of us here have been trying to share with you have been the result of our research and homework. Right or wrong, many of us believe that is the best way to acquire the knowledge necessary to get the most enjoyment out of your old car. Give it a whirl.

Over and out.

If you are a phy
The only advice you gave was to use Lacquer thinner..That by itself did nothing!
It was my trial and error how to work with it to remove the top layer and not damage the original layer.
Just about everyone except a guy that scratched off paint with a razor blade..Said it was impossible to remove a repaint and keep the original paint, on this board on aaca and only auto paint boards too. So, you do not speak the truth.
Which did not work in my application.
I think you are loosing your mind! So please stay away from me.
I thought you were a friendly Old guy...What happened to you.
I have always been most considerate to you and appreciated you help..
I don't understand..But have to tell you your attitude toward me really astounds me?? I have constantly bowed down to you out of respect and you turned on me.
Please do not answer any of my post, if I ever post,..

As far as you reference to my background comments... You fall to mention that I also state constantly that I am new to cars and this is my first car..I talk about my physics background to reveal that theoretical physicsists are notoriously bad with mechanical things..so that I gave a caution in that area.... But that seemed to bother you..putting

Last edited by FrankWest; 04-18-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #72
DavidG

Claude,

Please go back to post #62 and re-read what you claim that I said about accessing your timing gear. Then go back to your lengthy thread about your timing gear back in 2014 and look at post #184 and look at what I wrote, which was:
"If this were my car I would remove the grille and radiator to gain unfettered access to the front of the engine which would then make using a puller on the pulley relatively easy."

Nowhere in that sentence are the words "must" "should" or "have to". Quite a leap has taken place in your memory. That's one advantage of this site, namely that the past doesn't disappear and we're not left with "he said" versus "she said" recollections. You have what is known in the trade as a convenient memory.

I will continue to post on your threads only when your memory is playing tricks on you regarding the answers given to your questions.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #73
FrankWest

Quote:
Claude,

Please go back to post #62 and re-read what you claim that I said about accessing your timing gear. Then go back to your lengthy thread about your timing gear back in 2014 and look at post #184 and look at what I wrote, which was:
"If this were my car I would remove the grille and radiator to gain unfettered access to the front of the engine which would then make using a puller on the pulley relatively easy."

Nowhere in that sentence are the words "must" "should" or "have to". Quite a leap has taken place in your memory. That's one advantage of this site, namely that the past doesn't disappear and we're not left with "he said" versus "she said" recollections. You have what is known in the trade as a convenient memory.

I will continue to post on your threads only when your memory is playing tricks on you regarding the answers given to your questions.
Look..just relax.. You mentioned the usual accepted way of removing the timing cover..I discovered another way along with very thin wrenches and painstaking car..something most repairers would not do.
David, I thought you were my friend and then all of a sudden you turned negative towards me. I don't understand. What did I do to you?
If it was only too many questions, then just don't answer them.
It could not be that...
I thought we were friends. No, you are going to waste your precious time looking for my errors... I am not worth it.
This is the first car I ever worked on.
Use your time more productively.

Just, for my own information..
when did you begin disliking me for my posts?
Just interested.