Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Fordor subrails

I recently aquired a 31 slant fordor in terrible shape around the bottom. I need to know what subrails will fit this body and if there are any available. If these are not available I may just make a floor pan and subrali system to hold the body up and rod this car. Just for the purists, this is an impossibly badly rusted shell with absolutely no supporting pieces and is gone from the bottom to 6 inches up except the front doors and cowl. Even they are in pretty bad shape.

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Fordor subrails

This may sound strange from me, but from your descr1ption it doesn't sound like it's worth saving. There are no other compatible floor rails and I don't hear of any slants that are cut off at the top!

Have fun with it and get creative.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: Fordor subrails

It's got a good frame. I guess I could make a speeder out of that. Funny but even it is not for a slant.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Default Mike, if you really wanna restore it...

<font size=4> I have access to a S/W Sedan that has been gutted and a street rod started. He feels like it is worth a fortune but he let me use it to measure off of when we made the patches for that car we did out of NJ and it was a much better shell than the NJ car. I feel sure we can use it again to pattern off of to make them for your car.

In my mind, I would make the decision based off of whether window regulators, window trim, seats and etc. came with it because those are the expensive things to replace!

<ul>[*]MY WEBSITE[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Default S/W Street Rod... LOL!

It's wild to think of a Town Sedan as a rod. I bought my car just to sidestep the trend of rodding Model As in '63. The sad performance forced me to jazz up the engine as an ironic twist. The extra mass of the sedan is a big load on an original engine. In James Rogers' case, the bottom is shot, setting the body down over the frame might be easier than rebuilding the whole sill. That way there would be no expectation of originality. Even with a solid car, originality can be a job. Good Luck: Fred A