Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
GOW

Default Free a hood

City: TROY
State: NY
Price: FREE

I just bought this hood for my 29 roadster and it arrived today. now understand this is what very good hood is......i paid $ 94 to salsexpress from nm. i wouldn't put it on a rat rod or have the nerve to charge anyone for it. you look and decide if you want to buy any thing from SALSEXPRESS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junk hood 002.JPG (210.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 003.JPG (210.1 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 004.JPG (209.5 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 007.JPG (211.0 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 006.JPG (209.1 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 005.JPG (210.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg junk hood 001.JPG (210.1 KB, 102 views)
GOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Rusty Homestead Fl

Default Re: Free a hood

Looks like a 30-31 hood to me. (or whats left of it) . I'm a few thousand miles away from being an expert but I thought the 29's didn't have the "belt rail" that's on yours---showing in 3rd pic. Maybe someone else could verify this. If so you could dispute the ad as misrepresented year?? Just run out to the mailbox and I'm sure your refund is waiting. Don't it just suck? Been there.
Rusty Homestead Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
flatford39

Interesting photos... It appears to be a 30 31 hood or what is left of it. What year do you think your A is??? It appears to have the 28 29 gas tank except for the gas cap. The gas cap apears to be the 30 31 bayonet style and not the 28 29 screw on. These types of tanks were used on early 30 AA trucks that still used the 28 29 sheetmetal but were still sold as 30's.

If the car in your avatar is the one you are applying this to then you bought the wrong year hood. Your roadster appears to be 28 29 model. I am very curious about the tank and how you came about it. They are pretty hard to come by and someone restoring an AA might very well be interested in it.

Also what is that nut going through the gas cap all about???
flatford39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
bartmcneill

You did not get pictures before buying. Even with pictures it is hard to tell if a part is good but you pictures show a piece of %*#@.
bartmcneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
hardtimes

GOW,
Wow this is BS! Was this advertised here? If so, thanks for the heads up. I'd report the evidence to Ryan , if it were me! This is a classic scam example of why to ask for pics and ignore if not received. I've got a couple of '30 hoods that look NEW compared to that piece of junk....and I've not advertised them as I thot that they weren't worthy to sell. Demand you money back...don't hold your breath tho. Man, some people have nerve!!
BTW...I think what your pics show is what's left of a '30 hood. If the sob advertised it as a '29...

Last edited by hardtimes; 12-30-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: FYI
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #6
AJ

In the future, if the seller can't provide you with a picture, don't buy it. It is 2011 for goodness sake! Everybody should have a digital camera now.

The Hot Rod Disorder
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
GOW

thanks for the support guys, i did see a pic but it looked a whole lot better in the pic and i tend to trust old car guys, it could be a 29 4dr. hood. but no matter it's still junk. of course the sell said to bad and i should file a claim with the shipper.my car is a 29 roadster (fiberglass) the gas cap is for "the hell of it" as it's not attached to a tank.....

we all know "it ain't the money" that matters....it's trust...
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gow View Post
thanks for the support guys, i did see a pic but it looked a whole lot better in the pic and i tend to trust old car guys, it could be a 29 4dr. Hood. But no matter it's still junk. Of course the sell said to bad and i should file a claim with the shipper.my car is a 29 roadster (fiberglass) the gas cap is for "the hell of it" as it's not attached to a tank.....

We all know "it ain't the money" that matters....it's trust...
i would laugh if i wasn't crying... Is this for real? Did someone really sale that to you? I understand you put that hood on to show us what it looks like. Now, get that "thing" far away from that, what looks from here like a darn fine ride...
WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
GOW

just can't bring myself to bring any more pain to the poor old hood...maybe i'll just bring it out to the country and let it off near a nice looking junk yard........and hopefully it will RIP....rust in peace
Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
Rusty Homestead Fl

Hey !! I'll take it but YOU have to pay for FIRST CLASS shipping AND insurance. LOL Keep it on the wall as a reminder of the scum out there. He said file a claim with your shipper?? For what? His crappy junk? 2011 will be a better year for you I'm sure. Could have been worse... you might have bought the car that it was attached to.
Rusty Homestead Fl is offline   Reply With Quote