Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
sgwilson904

Default Problem Truck Now an Award Winner!

Earlier this year, I posted a plea for help getting my '29 pickup to run. I was amazed when more than 14,000 viewed my initial post and the follow up reporting, as well as the more than 200 of you who offered useful suggestions before we discovered a bad ground seemed to be the main culprit.

Yesterday, I drove the truck on a 260-mile roundtrip to a festival event and car show in Central Florida. It not only ran there and all the way home on its own power, it came back an award winner! "More Than 80 Years and Still Rockin' - Best Model A" it says on that very creative plaque you see shown below.

So thank you, thank you again to all of you who offered help and advice, especially the guys from the Jacksonville Model A's who hung in there to help steer me a solution before I gave up as I was so often tempted to do after yanking out much of my hair.

Thanks, too, to the judges and host Rockin' A's Chapter of MARC in Orlando, as well as their very creative trophy designer! There were some great other Model A's there so I really appreciate the distinction!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Award Cropped.jpg (25.4 KB, 79 views)
sgwilson904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Richard Wilson

Default Re: Problem Truck Now an Award Winner!

Neat trophy. Best of all you were able to drive your Model A to the show and back home. That's better than any trophy you will ever win.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Problem Truck Now an Award Winner!

Hi Steve,

Great news!

Lots & lots of great concerned Model A individuals here who go out of their way to assist others with questions & also relate their past Model A experiences with their fixing former problems.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote