Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #61
my mostly 36 coupe

Default Re: 39 deluxe - 40 deluxe

Hey, at least you won't have depreciation to contend with...either way. :-)
my mostly 36 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #62
jhb

My vote is for the '40 deluxe. Like a lot of car guys I was building model cars way before I was even close to driving. I built every kind that AMT had on the shelves but my favorite has always been the '40 Tudor Deluxe. I wanted one since I was twelve yrs old. They are beautiful from any angle and need no modifications. I do like the other cars of the era but this is my personal choice. I have owned mine for 30 yrs now and still think it is perfect. All these replies to this thread just prove there is something for everyone out there.
Something I have noticed over the years is the '40 Standard seems to sell higher than the Deluxe. I guess that says a lot of buyers like that style better. I've also noticed of the hundreds of cruise-ins and shows I've been to with the car some shows the majority of spectators don't give the car a second look and some shows they are stuck like glue. Everyone has their favorites. jhb
jhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-24-2016, 09:02 AM   #63
flat 39

"39 all the way. Cleaner and simpler lines.
flat 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #64
RainierHooker

Couldn't agree more with the OP on this one. The '39s are just have more of that pure 'pre-war' aero styling, whereas the '40s seem to be the first Fords to debut what was to become the strait-edged and more-adorned 'post-war' look. Thats probably why they held sway in the post-war world because they fit better within the contemporary aesthetic.

When I was shopping for our family sedan, I wanted a pre-war car and we ended up with our '39 DeLuxe Tudor. Its not the '38 Standard that I dreamt of, but the '39 has been everything we asked for and we won't be looking back...
RainierHooker is offline   Reply With Quote