Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #21
BlueSunoco

Default Re: iola is changing

Never been to Iola, from what I'm reading I won't waste my time and money by going.

I too get tired of all the non-auto stuff and cheap Chinese parts. I guess they are trying to milk the garage sale mentality catering to those types of people.

And if the new operators of Iola are gouging at the gate like it appears..... fugetaboutit
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #22
FortyNiner

Default Re: iola is changing

Most every swap meet has a collection of non-automotive rummage. Iola, like Jefferson, has gems that can be found with some effort. Will you find NOS fenders for your 36 pickup? Nope. You might find a a radiatior for a 36, a set of heads for a 46, a YOM plate for a 70, and some small parts - while talking to a localish chrome plater about future work.

Iola does attract some great older vehicles - not all show quality, not all muscle cars from the 70s, and some see 'em once treats under the tent. As for cost, the daily rate of 8 bucks isn't a factor.

The web has changed many things, including the nature of how parts are offered and bought. As for Asian made parts - that is a much larger issue than just our little corner of the economy.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)