Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Flathead man2

Default Rear end.

I looked at Hot Rod works and they have AWSOME rear ends, I'm wondering witch one to run when the car is done? I sent them an email of what engine I'm goin to be running, and let them make the sugestions. But I like the looks of them they say hey im right for your roadster jd.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: Rear end.

JD, I love your excitement excuberance about the car you are wanting to build. Truth is, if you want to know anything more about particular vendor's products you must call them BEFORE your car is built and have a game plan before you start spending your hard earned money. I say this, because some folks are going to sense your "eagerness to have a cool hot rod" and try to sell you everything but the kitchen sink.
You will end up throwing good money after bad as you keep changing you mind and flit from idea to idea about which way to go.
Hot Rod Works is a great company with great products, but map out a plan of action on "your build" BEFORE shelling out big dollars. Building hot rods is not cheap.
Personally make it a point to meet and talk with folks who have built or own cars that you like. Their knowledge and experience is invaluable.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Flathead man2

Default Re: Rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
JD, I love your excitement excuberance about the car you are wanting to build. Truth is, if you want to know anything more about particular vendor's products you must call them BEFORE your car is built and have a game plan before you start spending your hard earned money. I say this, because some folks are going to sense your "eagerness to have a cool hot rod" and try to sell you everything but the kitchen sink.
You will end up throwing good money after bad as you keep changing you mind and flit from idea to idea about which way to go.
Hot Rod Works is a great company with great products, but map out a plan of action on "your build" BEFORE shelling out big dollars. Building hot rods is not cheap.
Personally make it a point to meet and talk with folks who have built or own cars that you like. Their knowledge and experience is invaluable.
I'm watchin what i say and talkin to 23 duece and ol ron