Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Pullerguy

Default Please help identify a transmission

Hello to all:
I have a 3 speed top shift transmission, the case has two numbers on the side, 1st number 308741, 2nd number is 10829 and upside down to the case, appears to be a casting number. The input shaft has been cut off at the base of the splines dia at that point is 1.080 with 10 splines, bearing is a New Departure 7208 shielded on one side, the gear has 18 teeth. The output shaft is 1.182 dia and has 10 splines, is threaded 3/4 NF thread for a nut to hold the output flange and has a gear pressed next to the bearing for a spedometer. Output bearing retainer has 4 bolts. Shafts for the reverse and cluster gears go in the rear of the case are slotted for a 1/8 inch thick retainer with a bolt centered between them. The cluster and reverse gears have bushings and no thurst washers. The shift tower appears to have had a shaft on the left side for possible a emergency brake handle.
I will try and post some pictures whem I figure out how to do that, not real 'puter smart here.
Thank you for any help you can do.

Pullerguy Les
Pullerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Pullerguy

Default Re: Please help identify a transmission

Thanks for the views, I can't find any information on the transmission so I guess it will hit the scrap iron pile. I like to look at old cars and trucks I don't get into building them. You can remove my name from your member list to make room. Thank you for your time to take a look anyway. Pullerguy
Pullerguy is offline   Reply With Quote