Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #1
rozzi

Default 1939 Ford Standard Coupe

City: Roseville
State: CA
Price: 25,000

Offered for sale is my 1939 Ford standard coupe. Below is some general information about it, along with a few of the major things I have done to it. I'm sure I will miss something in the description below. Interested buyers can contact me for more details, questions, or additional photos. I also have start up and walk around videos of it. I will consider trades, but would prefer a straight sale.

The details: Stock 39 standard body. The floors are solid, as is the trunk, doors, rockers and fenders. This was a California car all it's life. The car was repainted "Chevy/GMC White" in the 60's. The original color is unknown.
1963 327 SBC engine adapted to the stock 39 tranny. The flathead was swapped out for the SBC in the late 60's.
Columbia 2-speed rear end. The unit was tested and worked, but I have disconnected it. It will need a vacuum line from the carb run. The coupe without it will handle freeway speeds.
Stock dash and stock interior, however the seat and door panels appear to have been redone in the late 60's/early 70's.

Since I purchased it, I've invested over $4,000 and a lot of hours into getting it back in shape. The car had been sitting since the 1970's when I purchased it. I kept receipts of everything I've done to it.

Some of the more major things to note:
Licensed/registered with it's original, 1960's California black plates. (the front license plate and bracket are present, but not mounted) Clean California title in hand and I just paid the registration, so a California buyer is good until January 2022.
All new Firestone bias plys around (700x16s in the rear, 600x16s in the front)
Powder coated all wheels along with all new US made wheel cylinders and a new US made master cylinder. No "Made in China" parts were used in the brake department.
New tube shocks in the rear
New dual exhaust with glasspacks that sound great.
New Facet Red Top electric fuel pump
New 16 gallon steel gas tank/sender unit. (same style as stock, just 16 gallons)
Louvered hood, with matching repaint.
Numerous other smaller bits (i.e. hoses, brackets, lines, fluids, etc.) replaced or upgraded.
The front and rear bumper guards are also present, but not shown in the photos.

The last item on my list to fix, which I will leave up to the new buyer, is the crack in the passenger side window. The window still rolls up and down fine. It hasn't been an issue except for the look.

Overall, if you are looking for a very traditional, solid, driveable 39 standard, this one would be hard to beat. The car is located in Roseville, CA, which is near Sacramento. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (10).jpg (128.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (11).jpg (127.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (12).jpg (72.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg P1030062 - Edited.jpg (44.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg P1030058.jpg (69.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg P1030076.jpg (64.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg P1030064.jpg (58.1 KB, 66 views)
rozzi is offline   Reply With Quote