Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
History

Default FLUSHING ENGINE, RADIATOR and Chillipad

I was hoping this would make it easier for someone to find with a search as I know there are many threads on radiators. MOD,, PLEASE DELETE IF YOU FEEL TOO REDUNDANT

Has any one ever tried a pressure washer wand placed in the head? I know there are some flexible ends that could placed inside the head so you could get a direct shot on parts that otherwise would only have flow against them. I wouldn't think the pressure would hurt anything, but,,,,,,,.

I have a water transfer pump that can also handle pressure that might work better(gas powered though). I think it can do a thousand gallons in 30 minutes. I think it's all about flow and pressure to flush correctly.

What is the very best way to clean the inside of an engine while it's still together and in the car?

The sump pump is a pretty neat idea.

Wife and I have chillipads for our bedding. We have a unit on each of our night stands that pumps water through a pad on our bed. The pad has plastic tubing that runs through it and back to the unit. You can set the temperature to whatever you want from 40 something to over 100. I keep mine a lot cooler than hers and even though I clean it as recommended, hers builds up algae(I think). I made a rig similar to the sump pump by ordering two different battery powered pumps as I wasn't sure which would provide the flow I needed to actually get crap out. I could use a little more flow than I have but I'm sure I would have already had to purchase a new pad and unit by now if I hadn't flushed them as I have.

I don't think I could make it long without my chillipad as I get very very hot while sleeping. I'm not sure what causes it as I didn't do this when I was younger. I keep mine on 73 and hers is in the 80s.

If any of you have questions about the chillipad just ask and I'll help if I can. This thing has literally saved my life. No, I'm not affiliated with the company.
History is offline   Reply With Quote