Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Model T verses Model A - why own a Model T ? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Getting 6'2" 250 lbs squeezed into one is another challenge.

Hmmmm, I sure don't feel that is a problem in my Ts (as evidenced by the pictures below). I feel like I have plenty of room. Matter of fact, I am more comfortable driving a T than an A, and I am about your same size. Folks often forget that you ride in a Model-A, and you ride on a Model-T.

Also, when we can safely do so, I will drive my Ts at about 45-48 MPH on the open road. There are MANY folks on here that have Model-As that struggle to do this! My Ts all have a modern camshaft, a high compression head, and they are stock-appearing, and due to the power to weight ratio, they can run right beside a Model-A. And even with 2-wheel Rocky Mtn brakes, I can even stop just as quick as many as Model-As out there with their worn-out 4-wheel brakes!!

Another thing I often hear and kinda think it is funny is, you will hear Model-A people in their 60s & 70s who no longer do overnight club tours because they say they are getting too old to participate however there are many 70-80 y.o. Model-T owners who will put their Ts on/in a trailer and transport them half-way across the country to tour for 5 long days in the July heat ....and without A/C in their Model-T. When you think about all of this in this light, kinda makes you want to scratch your head and ponder a bit more, huh??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pix1.jpg (50.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Pix2.jpg (65.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Pix3.jpg (41.5 KB, 81 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote