Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
39portlander

Talking I got hosed!!

I got hosed, by Bob "gadgiteer" Shewman of course! Got my FH-2V flex hose with built-in check valve today. The check valve in the pump fitting stops fuel drain back and makes starting easier.

Looking @ the phenolic spacer that prevents this new gas from boiling in the carburetor. Any one tried this new product?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (55.5 KB, 254 views)
39portlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Jack E/NJ

Default Re: I got hosed!!

Shewman's checkvalve hose looks real nice 39portlander. But your helmet cap doesn't! I also use an insulated spacer that works very well. But it's made out of a scrap piece knotless pine with a nice heavy coat of varnish because I didn't want to spruce up my carb or spend any money on a piece of plastic. 8^)

Jack E/NJ
Jack E/NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Brendan

i need to get one of those, i am on borrowed time with mine, i think it is older then me

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
41panelmark

I have a spacer, it seems to keep the carb cool.
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
39portlander

Brendan you'll be glad you did. Thank's for the input Mark, ordering the spacer friday.

Jack that should be filed under "joke of the day", (you used pine because you did'nt want to "spruce" up your carb) That's funny right there
Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
jimTN

Looks like a good item. What is the price and contact info? Does he have a website?
jimTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Walt Dupont--Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39portlander View Post
I got hosed, by Bob "gadgiteer" Shewman of course! Got my FH-2V flex hose with built-in check valve today. The check valve in the pump fitting stops fuel drain back and makes starting easier.

Looking @ the phenolic spacer that prevents this new gas from boiling in the carburetor. Any one tried this new product?
Bought one of those for my friend Dick's 41 Ford last summer. He was on borrowed time, his hose had a kink in the middel and was shoft as s--t. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
39portlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimTN View Post
Looks like a good item. What is the price and contact info? Does he have a website?
And made in the USA. $28.00 ppd for the standard FH-1, $38.00 ppd for the pictured FH-2V.

Web not sure, email is [email protected]. Add on pg.111 in the Jan./Feb. V8 times
Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
39portlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Dupont--Me. View Post
Bought one of those for my friend Dick's 41 Ford last summer. He was on borrowed time, his hose had a kink in the middel and was shoft as s--t. Walt
That's the corn gas
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
JM 35 Sedan

I got one from G.M. w/o the check valve two years ago when i stopped at his place in Punta Gorda, FL. Installed it a week later and it's still doing well on my fordor sedan after passing many gallons of 10% ethanol gas. I feel like that's one item I don't need to worry about failing or getting pin holes that suck air. I plan to pick up another one with the check valve to see how that works on my 5w coupe. A knowledgeable Flathead guru on this forum or maybe it was on the EFV-8 Club forum said the check valve version was just a gimmick, but hey...I'll reserve my personal comments until I give it a try.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Dupont--Me. View Post
funny sh__ there Walt !!!!!!!!!!
I bet thats what his wife tells him also !!!!!!!!!!
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
G.M.

JM I only have a few hoses around for my own use. You will have to call Bob Shewman at 1-610-933-6637 or by email [email protected] to order the hose. The check valve is no gimmick, read the Ford service bulletin on how long the valve in the fuel pump should hold pressure when the engine is shut off, it's something like 2 minutes or less. The valve in the hose holds the fuel in the pump and line so it starts easier after sitting for a while. It's like pulling a straw out of a can of coke with your finger over the end of the straw, the soda stays in the straw as does the gas in the fuel line. When it gets hot out and you see bubbles in the glass filter bowl and the fuel level in the bowl drops as the fuel is pushed back to the tank the check valve should help prevent this also. Skip said someone told him you were stopping by, when do you plan on comming down? G.M.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #13
JM 35 Sedan

George, I would like to stop by your shop on the morning of Monday, 3/19 to deliver a set of '37 core water pumps to Skip for rebuild and also a '33-E'36 dome top coil to have it rewound for another Fordbarner. I would like to see what new inovative things you are up to and also take you and Skip to lunch. That afternoon I plan to head for the Fort Meyers area and spend the 19th at the Ford/Edison Estates. I was planning to order a hose w/check valve or pick one up at a show from Bob Shewman.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-07-2012 at 08:39 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote