Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Steve Wastler

Default Repop 28 bumper clamps on eBay

I hope no one here is bidding on these repops, item #170950503674, being described as rare originals. The seller tells me there is no way these are repops, came from a restorer who only used original parts. I told him he may be correct about the restorer, but these were definitely repop, he probably won't change his listing, so those who are unsure of original vs. repop, these are repop.....
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Repop 28 bumper clamps on eBay

Steve,
I, to, noticed the repro 28 clamps. I bookmarked them to see if anyone would fall for the "rare" description. Maybe they are "rare" repros! Some knuckleheads just wont believe what they have is not really what they think they have. I just checked and the bidding is up to $41 with almost 6 days to go - crazy. Someone is going to be very disappointed, or maybe they just are clueless and have to much money. I am posting a couple of pictures of a real "rare" 28 clamp I have. Someone painted it flat black for some reason.
Rusty Nelson

Old 11-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Fred
BANNED

Notice he says 1928/29 & came off a "TRUCK" !! "where" ?? I am waiting for my response from him & lets see what he says..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
jkcrosson

He has added a disclaimer at the bottom saying he does not know if these are originals or not. The bad thing is, the disclaimer is below all the other discription describing as originals. He should pull the auction and start over.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
160B

I couldn't resist. I sent him an email telling him that these were definitely repop I also told him that he cannot change the description but he could cancel the auction and relist the item with a correct description. Also told him his eBay reputation was worth more than a few extra dollars!! And gave him a link to this thread and wrdln’s post.

Here is a link to a photo of an original
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90397

If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time, how do you have time to do it the 2nd time?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
160B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
I hope no one here is bidding on these repops, item #170950503674, being described as rare originals. The seller tells me there is no way these are repops, came from a restorer who only used original parts. I told him he may be correct about the restorer, but these were definitely repop, he probably won't change his listing, so those who are unsure of original vs. repop, these are repop.....

I guess he did not give consideration that these could have been removed from a car because they were repop and replaced with originals and they did not quite make it to the trash, or were kept for show and tell for what repop looks like!

If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time, how do you have time to do it the 2nd time?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Steve Wastler

Nice clamp, Thanks Rusty
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
Fred
BANNED

They are now up to $75.00 between five bidders, and one bid retraction.. He never did answer or post any more ?? to him.. I guess no one reads his last remarks before bidding..
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Steve Wastler

I am all for the guy making all he can, that's free enterprise at is finest and buyer beware! I give the seller credit for adding to the post, but will be really happy if no one on Fordbarn buys these for original....
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
160B

He responded to my emails @ 11/30/2012 11:33am

" I have already made the necessary changes, as much as possible, and emailed the top two bidders. Im not going to cancel the auction at this time. Thanks for your help." I appreciate it."

but he has some new bidders and needs to email them also. He should cancel the auction and relist with the correct description

Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
fordgarage
BANNED

Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
Pickupman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
:d :d :d

lmao
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
al's28/33

There's a sucker born every minute, at least the seller took your advice and added the disclaimer below his listing. Buyer BEWARE!!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #14
Rowdy
BANNED

The real sad part I know a hotrodder that is strapped for cash and has 2 sets of originals that he is insisteing on using for his hotrod. I tried to convince him to sell them and buy some other parts he really needs and settle for the cheap repop SS clad clamps. So far he has not seen the light. Rod
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Mike Peters

I just checked the JS and it sez the Ford script clamps were used on the REAR ONLY from the beginning of production through May 1928. The plain clamps were used on the front throughout 28-29, and early 1930. After May 1928, plain clamps were used on all four corners. mike
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
Rowdy
BANNED

He plane to use them front and rear. Therefore 2 sets. Rod
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
fordgarage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160B View Post
He responded to my emails @ 11/30/2012 11:33am

" I have already made the necessary changes, as much as possible, and emailed the top two bidders. Im not going to cancel the auction at this time. Thanks for your help." I appreciate it."

but he has some new bidders and needs to email them also. He should cancel the auction and relist with the correct description
Don,
I also emailed him the following:
Quote:
"Those clamps you are selling are not original, not rare, and are not stamped. They are low quality zinc die cast reproductions made by Specialized Auto Parts in Houston in the 1970s."
I suggested he cancel the bids, end the auction, and relist accordingly.

The sad part is, look at his user ID. Apparently he is a Texas cop who is selling them. Fourteen bids presently, and there will be an unhappy winner trying to get satisfaction from an uncaring or scamming cop.

Here is his reply:
Quote:
Please read the entire auction before you send unnecessary emails. I have updated the information on them. I have posted comments people have already sent. I have listed this accordingly. There have been bid retractions because I did alert the high bidder at the time, and I also contacted the second highest bidder in line as well. These have been bid up to this amount AFTER I made the changes to the auction. Please butt out of my business at this point. Not that its any of your business, but Ive sold a ton of stuff on ebay on a different user name that my ex wife got in our divorce. I have 100 percent positive feedback there and here. I know what Im doing. Nobody is getting pimped, as you put it. They were bid up to this amount AFTER I made the corrections.

- txcop226
Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #18
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
I am all for the guy making all he can, that's free enterprise at is finest and buyer beware! I give the seller credit for adding to the post, but will be really happy if no one on Fordbarn buys these for original....
I guess I just don't understand how you ( Steve Wastler ) can condone a person making all he can under false pretences !! He should cancel and relist in an accurate manner !
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #19
Steve Wastler

Where did I say I condone his actions? I emailed the fool to tell him he was incorrect, and posted this here so the unimformed would not buy them, I did give him credit for adding to his post, not for being the liar he is. And yes this is free enterprise, to make as much as you can, as missleading as it is to us, obviously there are others who don't care. Who are you to decide what his actions should be?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
Rowdy
BANNED

Don' mind C26Pinelake he is always stirring things up. Just put him on your ignore list so you don't have to read his dribbel. He claims to be what Canada calls a law enforcement officer and tries to police Fordbarn as well. Rod
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #21
Cob
Administrator

This is the third time today a post gets closed because some of you can't help yourselves and continue to attack and bitch at each other.

Like Ryan said on another closed post, the drama is getting old and some of you are heading towards being banned if you continue your post behavior as you are now.
Closed Thread