Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #21
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Another SCAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Sorry to learn of your lose and that to a 'former' barn member.
Q: Did you notify Ryan/management, so that this guy might not be allowed to do same to other members ?

Your situation is interesting/timely from my viewpoint.
I've been involved in an exactly opposite/reverse situation as yours, i.e.- money owed me ; check sent from a business that owes buyer money(he said).

My opinion, on this subject: Be patient and let the BANK do the work of seeing if funds are valid or not.
I am not convinced that any BANK would put any such info in writing ...that money is good, PRIOR to that being verified as fact. I'm going to try requesting that (in writing) next time, although I already know their answer ...ha !

With respect to buying from Barners on the Swap Meet section, I try to avoid those sellers who have joined recently and have few posts. I try to buy from people who post often on the Discussion section and those who I have seen at local swap meets.

As far as U.S. banks are concerned, they used to be the most trustworthy and stable institutions in the country when they were local or statewide banks back in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Now they have been bought out by the rip-off artists in on Wall Street. We had the financial crash in 2006 and legislation was created to regulate them. Congress has just deregulated them again. I’m just waiting for the next financial crisis.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #22
Synchro909

There has been talk here about fake $100 notes. How do you pick them? We'll be getting some for our forthcoming trip and don't want to be stung. You'd expect a bank to only deal with the real thing but these days, who can trust even them.
What should I look for?

Last edited by Synchro909; 04-19-2018 at 02:37 AM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #23
31 Woody

I can provide some notorized IOU’s for your item—delivered in person this July. By the way, can Mom cook for us while we are there? Also we need a place to sleep, it is a long drive. ;-)