Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
banjoQ

Default 37' truck door/exploded view digram

I have a 37' truck cab and would like to find assembly or exploded diagrams of the doors. Currently my doors have just the window regulators and latch mechanisms and what is left of the window channels. I need to find out what kind of seals were used in the lower part of the window opening and if there was any felt in the interior tracks. As of now, I have nothing to compare to. Also I would like to determine if I have the correct regulators. I have freed up the ones I have and have found that they go all the way up and then forward to close. There is a 90 degree turn in the track at the end of it's travel, thus allowing for the forward motion. Is this correct? In my research of both the advance search function and in the few books I have I have seen references to "smokers" windows. Is that what these are? It makes sense as there are no wind wings. I would also like to find out if there was any weather stripping installed on these trucks. If there was any on my truck, it's long since gone. If anyone knows of this info, weather hard copy or web info I would appreciate the tip. Thanks- Q
banjoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Zeke...PA

Default Re: 37' truck door/exploded view digram

There is none that I know of, I have a passenger 37 and could find no breakdowns. Frustrating ! Try Bob Drake catalog, Carpenter, C & G Catalogs. Not like the Model A, where there is some good books. Zeke
Old 11-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
hotcoupe

my `37 1/2 ton has no weather stripping on the door, and your descrition of the window operation is accurate.
tom
hotcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
banjoQ

Zeke- Thanks, I have all the catalogs you mentioned. I will have to go through them again and see what I come up with.
Hot coupe- Thanks, good to know that I have the correct regulators. Now I just have to figure out what I need. I have what is left of the upper channel, kind of canvas covered metal. Snaps in around top of door. How about the lower, where the window comes up from the door. Rubber seal, felt, or whiskers? Rubber seal would make the most sense here. It would be great to know what I'm looking for. I spent some time today on the net, could not find any diagrams or good photos. I'll check catalogs, make some calls. Thanks-Q
Old 11-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
kiwitony

Hi, complete window channel kits are available on ebay,they have everything you need.The bits inside the door are felt cover metal channels that are heild in place by a little metal spike and a slot arrangement, they are 2 inches deep to allow the window to slide back and down. there is a seal that goes across the bottom of the door held in place by the door card clips, you will see a recess in the line of holes along the bottom edge of the door where it fits.There were no seals as such around the door but I have used 39 closed car seals and they fit well.Inside the cab there is a windlace strip with a rubber tube in it that is held on by the hood lining and metal strips. I have just done all this on my 37 as I froze my butt off on a recent road trip. It has made a huge difference and cut down the wind noise as well.Cheers Tony.
kiwitony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
kiwitony

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hi I've just checked ebay for you,Gearhead world has all the stuff you need. ebay no27069249339. These are Bob Drake parts so will be available there and other places. Hope this helps. Tony.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
banjoQ

Tony - Thanks for the info, very helpful. Will look for those kits and see what I can come up with. How about the lower section of the window opening, is there a rubber seal where the window rises out of the door? Seems like there should be. Will take a close look at the kits. Thanks again. - Q
Old 11-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Lawson Cox

There are little rubber bumpers that are pushed into the inner part of the door, I think. They are about an inch long and 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick. They do not seal anything, they just keep the window glass pretty well in place and prevent the glass from bouncing around. There is no weather strips around the circumference of the door. The wind lace seals the gaps. At the bottom of the door there is a long rather flat piece that fits between the door and the door panel that keeps the wind from coming under the door. The windlace starts at the very bottom of the door opening, over the inner part of the rocker panel, going completely around the door and back down over the inner rocker panel at the other edge of the door opening. I am having trouble with my pictures and posting them or I would attach a photo.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

Last edited by Lawson Cox; 12-01-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Don Rogers

Tony, Here are the correct window regulators for your truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck Window Regulator.jpg (31.7 KB, 33 views)
Don Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
kiwitony

on the lower edge of the window opening is a felt strip with a metal edge that clips to the inside lip of the window opening, a long one on the outside and two short ones for the inside as you have the notch in the door for pulling it closed. all this is in the kit including the clips.These strips stop the window pinching your arm when going over bumps, while having your arm out the window.Cheers Tony.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitony View Post
on the lower edge of the window opening is a felt strip with a metal edge that clips to the inside lip of the window opening, a long one on the outside and two short ones for the inside as you have the notch in the door for pulling it closed. all this is in the kit including the clips.These strips stop the window pinching your arm when going over bumps, while having your arm out the window.Cheers Tony.
Well phrased Tony.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote