Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
barnstuf

Default 1930 Coupe Owned 76 years And Counting

I acquired my 1930 Standard Coupe on February 22nd, 1941. Today completes 76 years of ownership and starts the 77th year. It is currently stored for the winter, the roads have salt residue, and I am way from home today so it will not venture out for a ride. Over the years it has had mechanical maintenance as needed and enjoyed a paint job and a LeBaron Bonney upholstery kit around 1990, Don't ask how many miles it has been as the speedometer has not worked for over 50 years, ever since I put an early Borg Warner overdrive in it and as a result it needed a longer speedo cable. It evolved over the years from being my only car, then a second car, then an antique soon after joining MARC in May, 1954. It shares barn space with a 1929 "A" Phaeton acquired in 1954. By the way the Coupe was not my first Model A as I had an earlier 1930 Coupe in 1937, an "A" Fordor in 1939 and in between a 1929 Essex. The Essex was a real dog but because of the copper and brass used in its manufacturer its junkyard value was $3 more than a Model A junkyard value, so a $7 car was sold for $10.

Member Cape Cod A's MARC & MAFCA
MARCOM Region MARC & MAFCA
North Country Region VT MARC
'
barnstuf is offline   Reply With Quote