Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
Zener424

Default How is engine compartment left frame rail wire fastened?

Hi, I could use some help with the fastening of the front portion of my wiring harness.

I know the rear harness gets fastened to the left frame rail rear of the motor mount with three clips. Are there any clips used to fasten the harness that runs forward of the left motor mount. The only clip I see referenced for my '29, is A-14598 which attaches to the bottom of the rear screw of the front hood latch and is used to keep the headlamp wires elevated so as to not chafe on the edge of the engine side pan (found this in Service Bulletins).
Zener424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
Barber31

Default Re: How is engine compartment left frame rail wire fastened?

That's the clip I was thinking of as well. I don't think there is any other on the frame. There's two loops at the bottom of my radiator that hold the wires for the headlamp on the right side.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:10 AM   #3
Zener424

Thanks Barber31 for you response. I have a '29 Town Sedan. So it seems that up front in the engine compartment there is only that one clip fastened underneath the hood latch (A-14598), going back the harness travels under the motor mount and is fastened with (3) clips along the bottom of the left frame rail, then there is a small clip with a wood screw holding the tail lamp wire to the bottom of the wood sub-rail (A-14592-C), and finally a clip (A-14565) that holds the tail light loom to the edge of the fender brace. I welcome any comments.

Also, I didn't realize that the harness is supposed to run "through" the center cross member. Mine ran under the cross member. I will re-route it. There are notched out sections of the cross member that the harness can fit through.
Zener424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
Bob Bidonde

There is a clip that attaches to the aft hood hold-down bracket, and it supports the harness going to the horn and headlights.