Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Dave in MD

Default Model A Parts Sale

I recently learned about a two day Model A parts sale. It will be held on 4 and 5 October, 2014 from 8AM to 6 PM. Location is 1606 Back Acre Circle, Mt Airy MD 21771. Note this location is the parking lot of Brattons Antique Auto Parts. There will be no retail sales from Brattons during this weekend sale, which is taking place between the huge Carlisle and Hershey, PA flea markets. There is a good mix of original parts and some reproduction parts. Parts on the flyer I saw include: fenders, wheels, front and rear axles, windshield frames, gas tanks, cowls, AA four speeds, springs, brake drums, radiator shells, heads, transmissions, starters and generators and more. All sales are cash.
Regards,
Dave
Dave in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
Bill in NJ

Default Re: Model A Parts Sale

Is this the first year for it ? Do you have a flyer to post ??
Bill in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
stewwolfe

This is the first and possibly only year for it. Jeff came across a couple of estates that he bought lock stock and barrel. I looked over many of the parts that will be offered and there's some good stuff there and some maybe not so good stuff. It's well worth a trip if you are in the Mid Atlantic region. I know that there was at least one cowl there and it may have been to a station wagon, but please don't rely on my old, faulty, memory for that.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
a-bone newby

please post the flyer not that I could ever go to MD. but it would be nice to see up herein north west canada
a-bone newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
Wick

I will be there on Saturday.
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
oj

Whats the format, like a swap meet thing with various sellers or single seller with fixed prices? Can we load stuff up to take it there and sell/buy/trade?
Thanks for letting everybody know about it, oj
oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
stewwolfe

Jeff told me that he was going to price the good stuff individually and sell other by weight. Unfortunately I don't know what I did with the flyers I had.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Dave in MD

I understand there will be two vendors selling parts. I don't know about additional vendors. The cowl section for the woody wagon has been sold, but there is a 1930 pickup cowl section with the earlier style gas tank and the threaded gas cap neck. There may be two restored 1931 Model A coupes there for sale if they don't sell prior to the sale days.
Dave
Dave in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
jak

if somebody could tell me how to post some pictures I would be more than happy to do so.
jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MD View Post
I recently learned about a two day Model A parts sale. It will be held on 4 and 5 October, 2014 from 8AM to 6 PM. Location is 1606 Back Acre Circle, Mt Airy MD 21771. Note this location is the parking lot of Brattons Antique Auto Parts. There will be no retail sales from Brattons during this weekend sale, which is taking place between the huge Carlisle and Hershey, PA flea markets. There is a good mix of original parts and some reproduction parts. Parts on the flyer I saw include: fenders, wheels, front and rear axles, windshield frames, gas tanks, cowls, AA four speeds, springs, brake drums, radiator shells, heads, transmissions, starters and generators and more. All sales are cash.
Regards,
Dave
Sounds good, but Fall Carlisle runs October 1-5. It's not what it used to be, but the diversity of products, including stuff for my (shudder) hot rod, will draw me to Carlisle.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #11
jak

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/De...4.jpg.html?o=0

I think if you click on this link you should be able to see some of the pictures of the parts. I know there will be a lot more to see on the weekend of the event.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #12
jak

more parts that arrived today and this weekend.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/De...?sort=3&page=1

Stay tuned as stuff starts getting unloaded and spread out for more pictures of parts to come. Some items of interest a set of 5 black 19" wheels, an early radiator with the cast inlet & outlet necks, lots and lots of different fenders front and rear for different years and body styles. Also lots of old repro parts that are in bags. The repro bagged parts will be sold by the pound at $3.00 per pound. f you are selling at Hershey here is a chance to buy stuff cheap and make some money re-selling it.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #13
Wick

How much per pound on the heavy stuff?
(Can't pay $3.00 per pound for a Flywheel or Trans.)
Thanks for the Pictures!
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
jak

No flywheels, but bell housings are $25, Transmissions $50-$100, front fenders range from about $25 to $350 ea, Rear fenders are $5 - $200, and lot of spring shackles, forged front fender braces.....

See you all in the morning.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #15
jak

Here are some updated pictures of the stuff that we will be selling. Today was a beautiful day in Mount Airy and tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice. There was a 1931 Victoria here for sale today and it might be here tomorrow as well. a pretty nice driving car.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/De...?sort=3&page=1
Old 10-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #16
jak

by popular demand the sale continues. There are still lots of nice sheet metal pieces to get at good prices. Stop bye on your way to Hershey.