Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
Flathead Fever

Default 1934 Ford Pickup Floorboard Question

I’ve been working on a new floorboard for my ’34 pickup. I have several original floors, I used the best one for a pattern. I made the transmission cover hold down tabs identical to the ones that were still riveted to one of the original floorboards. I even found the correct rivets for them. They turned out real nice. What I cannot find is the metal cover for the toe-board that goes over the access hole for the throwout bearing’s grease zerk. I cannot find a part number for it in any of the Ford parts manuals including the body parts manual. I cannot find a photo of one anywhere on the internet. I’ve looked at a dozen pickups at shows and they were missing theirs too. There are no screw holes in the toe-board that would have secured a cover plate so I’m assuming it snaps in like the battery cover does. I would not have thought this would be the hardest part to locate for a '34 pickup but so far it has been. Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180520_200038 copy.jpg (31.0 KB, 76 views)
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
DavidG

Default Re: 1934 Ford Pickup Floorboard Question

Sorry, but if you want to cover that hole you'll have to make the cover as the hole came uncovered when your truck was new and therefore your search for an original cover will be fruitless.

As a running change late in the '32 model year, the cover over the clutch release bearing grease cup access hole was deleted and no cover was released for the '33-'34 vehicles, be they passenger cars, commercial vehicles or BB trucks.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
Flathead Fever

Thanks, David. No wonder I have not found one. I guess since nobodies foot was going to be back there they decided the floor mat was good enough. If that's the way it was that's way it shall be.

Where I live, a wild animal would stand on the top of trans, chew through the floor mat over that hole and move its family inside the cab the first night I left the pickup outside. I have a '64 Falcon project sitting outside that the rats ate through the shifter boot and moved in. I set two traps each night inside the car and had two dead rats each morning. I did that every day for a week. When I looked through the window and saw a rat standing on its hind legs flipping me off I knew I we were at War!

Last edited by Flathead Fever; 11-19-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
34p-kup

Fever, I checked mine today just to make sure. Guess what, NO HOLE. Maybe the difference is big truck and pickup. BTW thanks for pic, never knew how trans cover was held in place.
34p-kup is offline   Reply With Quote