Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
ReggieK

Default 4 Cyl Head Model "C"

Could anyone give me an idea what a 4 cylinder, Ford Script Model "C" Head value would be. Never been on an engine, came from a Ford Dealership. I have had it laying around for 40-50 years.
Reggie
ReggieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
rotorwrench

Default Re: 4 Cyl Head Model "C"

The heads marked "C" were the standard Model B type head used from 1932 through the end of passenger car 4-cylinder production in 1934. An NOS one certainly has some value but it wouldn't be as much as the "B" marked police high compression head for Model A engines. Maybe someone collecting the 32 thru 34 vehicles could give you a better idea.

Here is a link to info on these heads. http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/ABcy...comparison.htm
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
bobH

If no one else is going to speculate, I'll stick my neck out. IF (big IF) I were looking for a head, and really really wanted it, I would probably be thinking in the 1 to 1-1/2 range. Course, I'm not looking, and probably would be looking elsewhere, like for new, aftermarket, hot-rod-type heads. So, any opinion from here is worthless. I'd suggest you might try this question on the banger guys. My opinion is based on what I have seen for other banger heads, more specifically a Ford 4 cylinder used in another make vehicle.
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
Charlie Stephens

I agree with bobH, $100 to $150. Then whoever buys it would probably have another $50+ in shipping. Best place to advertise it would be in the newsletter of the local Early Ford V8 Clubs to avoid shipping. I restored a Model B roadster in the seventies that I still have and I also have a "barn find" 4 door Model B that I have had since the 1990's. I don't know many people restoring Model B's. Most of the engines ended up in Model A's with a Model A head or aftermarket head. Be sure to advertise it here and on http://www.earlyfordv8.org.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 06-14-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
Newc

Hi; SOSS is the banger group. Ford made those heads/ engines into the 40's; the late replacement parts were better than originals. Replacement parts are marked by date and a 'Diamond' mark. The mark on heads is just under the water pump mount... a nice raised 'Diamond'. A 'new' Model A head is around $300, Aluminum performance heads can get to $500. See what a stock replacement head will bring $150 up. Newc in Oregon
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #6
ReggieK

Thanks Guys, about what I was thinking, now comes my decision. Wanted some more opinions.
Reggie
ReggieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #7
Flatout

"C" heads are 1932 only. 33-34 Model B heads are plain with the Ford script in the casting.
Flatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #8
DavidG

Perhaps some. Ford script was added to the head as a running change in August, 1934 according to the Engineering Release Form on file at the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:59 AM   #9
CA Victoria

A little info on the 4 cylinder head chronology. http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/ABcy...comparison.htm

Nice find but not rare cuz so darn many were made. I've sold used "C" heads for $75, factoring in it won't need to be milled $100 or more is not out of the park. Most folks seem to bypass the original low compression in favor of a 5.5 or higher reproduction Model A head.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:24 AM   #10
rockfla

@ Flatout
Our 33 4cyl was an original car when we acquired it in 1974 and it had a head with "C" stamped in it!!! And PM and I will buy it if the $100 to $150 range is a satisfactory number!!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote