Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
34fordpickup

Default 1934 pickup

Hello folks, I'm trying to understand how Ford painted their autos in thirty four. I have a 34 pickup cab almost ready for paint. After sandblasting and body work, the problem I see is that after blasting there are indications that the inside base paint was black and the outside was green does this mean that the entire cab in and out was painted black then the outside was painted green per a customers order? Any help in understanding how it was done would be appreciated. george
34fordpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
rockfla

Default Re: 1934 pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34fordpickup View Post
Hello folks, I'm trying to understand how Ford painted their autos in thirty four. I have a 34 pickup cab almost ready for paint. After sandblasting and body work, the problem I see is that after blasting there are indications that the inside base paint was black and the outside was green does this mean that the entire cab in and out was painted black then the outside was painted green per a customers order? Any help in understanding how it was done would be appreciated. george
Most likely answer is "who knows". There are several scenario's that could fit. It could have been a black truck to begin and some company bought it and painted it OR some individual. Another "could" be is as it was coming down the line of production the truck before it was black and they sprayed out the black inside the cab "before" they switched to green. Paint it the color you want and don't spend anymore time chasing the "unknown". Were it me I'd bet the truck was black to begin its life as it would (or should) have been all one color to start, inside and out.

Last edited by rockfla; 11-27-2019 at 09:02 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

Because the interior was not upholstered I think they painted them the one colour as I don't be leave they were into masking up any way going by the two cabs I have here one black one green,

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
34fordpickup

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll painted all black and go from there.
34fordpickup is offline   Reply With Quote