Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-20-2023, 09:13 AM   #1
Thearne3

Default 68B Cabriolet Tray pictures, info?

I’m working on the tray area of my ‘31 cabriolet. I have the remains of an earlier restoration (they used brown/black vinyl, so not reliable) and need to do some photos/insight on how it’s supposed to be done.

1. The wood that supports the tray and accepts the screws from the ‘accordion’ material attached to the adjustable seat back: looks like a 1x1 will work - can anyone confirm? First picture.
2. There is a crescent shaped panel board that sits on top of the tray - is that just covered with the olive drab or tan (matching inside of top) cloth? No picture.
3. The same olive drab or tan cloth appears to cover a panel board piece that covers the vertical surface of the saddle/tack wood behind the tray. This material wraps over the saddle and is tacked to the rail, along with the bottom edge of the top. There was thin padding is this piece, but Mike at Classtique says they don’t use any padding…what say you? Picture 3.
4. Finally, there is an extra piece of material that was glued to the area on the ‘outside’ of the wood rail, where the three studs for the rear window flap are attached. (Studs in picture 2, extra material strip in picture 4)

If anyone has pictures to share of this area, it would be very helpful!

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4486.jpg (48.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4487.jpg (46.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4492.jpg (103.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4493.jpg (119.7 KB, 33 views)
Thearne3 is offline   Reply With Quote