Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Beagleboy

Default 1926 T Touring

City: Norfolk
State: NE
Price: 20000

1926 Model T Touring. Two owner. Estimated miles is under 3000. Car was purchased new in 1926 by a young couple in Ulysesses, NE. In 1928 the husband passed away. Since no one in the family drove the car was placed inside for storage until someone in the family learned to drive. The car remained in the family until the early 1980s when the current owner purchased it. The engine was gone through at that time. Tires have been replaced. Electric starter has been added. Radiator cap was replaced before current owner with a Ford sight glass type. Other than what has been mentioned the car has never been touched for repair. Current owner did use the car for parades for a few years in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Located Norfolk, NE

If interested in more information please call 402-540-75four three
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model T 1.jpg (47.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0342.jpg (157.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0346.jpg (158.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0363.jpg (187.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0361.jpg (174.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Model T 3.jpg (46.4 KB, 68 views)
Beagleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Brother Hesekiel

Default Re: 1926 T Touring

That's not a Touring. A Touring is an open car, worth about $15K in top condition.

What you have is a Fordor, the last Ford that still had wood in it by 1926 when all the improved Fords had an all metal body. By 1926 all Fords had a starter, but none had an alternator as your car has. In addition, I can't see the engine-mounted coilbox, so I'm afraid a distributor was added as well which again reduces the value dramatically. Your car is worth about $7,5K to the right buyer, if the wood is good, but $5,5K is a more realistic price as Fordors are the low man on the totem pole and there's just a very small market for these cars. Those who absolutely want a Fordor, usually prefer an early and absolutely correct car, or even shoot for the more desirable Centerdoor sedan.

Last edited by Brother Hesekiel; 07-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Brother Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
yachtsmanbill

Agreed! There appears to be some kind of underslung crank driven(?) magneto on the front. Maybe rare unit but not worth an overall increase in valuation.
Sure don't wanna burst your bubble, but BH is pretty close on the appraisal. Try it on ebay and see the results. A 10K reserve if shown, will net you zero bites. No reserve mite get you around 7K. ws
Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
23ford

I have been around model T fords all my life and the above 2 listings are correct on price.
Also I noticed that it appears that the seat coverings are vinyl where they should be cloth (wool with a pin stripe), and the carpet appears to have been replaced. With all that said I would think that this was a good old original car in a garage that someone found and got running and looking good to drive in the 80's or 90's
23ford is offline   Reply With Quote