Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #21
ian Simpson

Default Re: My Bad

Thanks everyone, I think you have talked me out of the notion. However, my grandson still thinks it an excellent idea. By the way, the bill here for minimal speeding is $172CDN and as my license is otherwise clean, it will not impact my insurance.

Photoshop may be the best answer.
ian Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #22
nosbod

Yes I had the idea as well so I put it to the test on a trip to the Le mans classic where a ticket would not effect my UK licence . All went to plan when I saw a gendarme armed with a radar speed detector in a village . I duly accelerated to just exceed the limit but unfortunately she was so stunned to see this old car
" speeding " towards her that she failed to register me on the detector and I passed by cursing quietly . The best laid plans of mice and men......
Better luck next time .
John
nosbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
Gary loves Fords

I own model T's and an A and have thought about the same thing. I would love to drive my 1909 Model T Ford touring car 43 miles per hour ( top speed for her) in a 25 MPH zone, just to get a ticket to display in my car room/man cave, but, the points and insurance increase does not make it worth it. I like the idea of a photoshop creation, but really do it up good, like 109 MPH in a 30 MPH zone in a 105 year old car would look fabulous on the wall of my cave.
Gary loves Fords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #24
mshmodela

Until 11/4/2014 Cleveland automated speeding ticketing camera could have granted your wish. HOWEVER,voters removed the camers by a City wide vote.

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #25
LarryinWA

It was 1962 and my buddy and I were driving back from college on Route 66 going through Arizona in my 29 std coupe. I know I was under the speed limit but a highway patrol pulled me over. He must have thought I was a hot rodder since at that time I had 16 in solid rims on the car. He asked to look under the hood and was surprised that it was a stock 4 banger. He said to me, "I did not think they could go that fast!" Then he made the excuse that he wanted to be sure we weren't falling asleep since it was early morning. We had actually been driving all night. It took us 53 hours to drive straight through from St Louis to Los Angeles!!
LarryinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #26
Hotrodfil

Got mine for the Fordor - a little disappointing, 36 in a 30, as I was sticking to what I thought was the speed limit. On the way home from a gig in the rain with my double bass on board…

Hotrodfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #27
Neal

To me, getting a speeding ticket in a twenty-five mph zone or something similar seems pointless. So, what do you have in the end? Bragging rights that your car can go thirty-five mph? Go find a school and drive by at 40, after a few passes your goal should be met.

Larry in WA. Now, you have a story there. Straight through drive from St. Louis to LA in an "A".

Neal
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #28
Hotrodfil

Here's the 'speeding ticket' I'm kinda proud of though…

Hotrodfil is offline   Reply With Quote