Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #17
Karl

Default Re: coker tire has sold out-mentioned on AACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
By percentages, how many customers from Australia make up the total amount of tires sold to US customers? As far as Brattons is concerned, if they won't, I will. FWIW, it sounds like Australia needs a new Model-A vendor. Maybe that person is you??
I believe the issue with Australia is how sales tax is collected. We don't have the same problem (yet - or hopefully ever) in New Zealand. However shipping is normally the killer here. It costs lot to get parts here unless you do it in bulk and then when you do the market is to small to sell off all the stock you have.

We have lost one major supplier in the last 2 years in New Zealand . I suspect one of the reasons is that it is cheaper for me and others to buy online and ship directly despite exchange rates and shipping costs. We don't have to factor in the cost of holding stock into our purchase.

Corky and his son were the guests at an international rally we had in New Zealand a couple of years ago -Interesting and genuine guys

Karl