Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #1
Joeyv

Default V-8 Times Complimentary Issue - Happy Holidays!

During this Holiday Season the Early Ford V-8 Club of America is pleased to offer complimentary access to our digital November/December issue of the award-winning V-8 Times Magazine. It is available right now. You can access the magazine by clicking on the following link. (You may need to press the CTRL key on your PC at the same time you click on the link):

https://issuu.com/wheelsm777/docs/no...TkxZjM5NDgyNTM

or you can copy the link and paste it into your internet browser.

When you access the digital magazine, you will see icons on the lower right that will allow you to “Zoom in” on the page, or “Find” something in the magazine. Click on the left or right arrows or use the bar at the bottom of the screen to turn the magazine’s pages. We hope you enjoy the V-8 Times Magazine!

Once you read this complimentary issue of the V-8 Times and wish to continue to receive future issues of the magazine, go to the Early Ford V8 Club website: https://www.earlyfordv8.org. From the website’s homepage, click on the “membership” tab on the left side for information on how to become a member and continue to receive the magazine either through the mail or just by digital access.

The Early Ford V8 Club wishes you all a Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Edited: Link fixed.

Last edited by Joeyv; 11-29-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Joeyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:14 PM   #2
34fordy

Default Re: V-8 Times Complimentary Issue - Happy Holidays!

That is good news. I have not received anything since the July/August issue.

Must be a snafu somewhere I guess. I did pay my dues.
34fordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:28 PM   #3
nelsb01

34fordy,
If you are current with your membership and not receiving the magazine, go to the web site and contact the membership company. They will be able to let you know your membership status and check your address.
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:49 PM   #4
mercman from oz

Nov-Dec 2022 V8 Times
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #5
hotrodart

It would be nice if they treated the long standing members this well......to getting their print-magazine on time......no sign of this issue at my house so far......
hotrodart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #6
nelsb01

Once again, what you are seeing is the final proof that goes to the printer.
It still has to be printed, assembled, packaged and then travel through the United States Postal Service.
Next time you renew, you can choose the Digital Version and get it this soon. But as the Club has found out, there are still a large number that want the printed version in their hands -- so, it will have to go through the above steps before it reaches your mailbox.
Remember -- good things come to those that wait. (attributed to Abraham Lincoln)
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #7
hotrodart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsb01 View Post
Once again, what you are seeing is the final proof that goes to the printer.
It still has to be printed, assembled, packaged and then travel through the United States Postal Service.
Next time you renew, you can choose the Digital Version and get it this soon. But as the Club has found out, there are still a large number that want the printed version in their hands -- so, it will have to go through the above steps before it reaches your mailbox.
Remember -- good things come to those that wait. (attributed to Abraham Lincoln)

Are you saying the NOV/DEC issue is just now going to the printer? That does not seem correct by my experience....I have received issues during the first of the two months. Seems way late to me For a November issue date........the JAN/FEB issue should be ready for the printer by this date.

I am aware I can choose a digital copy.......I prefer a print copy....for several reasons.....I expect timely product delivery......particularly with pre-paid products.
hotrodart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:15 PM   #8
rockfla

I usually get my V8 Times the first week of the second month of issue due....by and large.......I would tend to direct any frustrations with the receive date of your issue MORE to the great U S Postal Service more than the EFV8 Club and publisher......The ones who take 3 + weeks to get invoices to some of my customers that are 3 blocks from me (or even closer), "Return" invoices as UN-deliverable who have been customer of mine at the same location for 15+ years, the ones who deliver the company next doors mail to me, THEN, when I return it to the mail man, I get "YOU couldn't have walked it next door?" from the mailman!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #9
DavidG

Bruce and Robert,

Save your breath. After years and years of bi-monthly explanations as to who delivers the magazine, if someone can't remember it for two months in a row, they aren't worth the trouble to keep trying.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:22 PM   #10
mercman from oz

My Sept/Oct 2022 issues arrived in todays mail. Fantastic.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:34 PM   #11
Joeyv

Also remember, if you have a membership that includes getting the V-8 Times in the mail, you also have access to the digital version. That is included at no extra cost with the Magazine membership. The nice feature of having access to the digital version is you can access the digital version as soon as the magazine is sent to the print company, much sooner than it appears in your mailbox. If you have a membership that includes getting the V-8 Times in the mail, all you need to do is go to the Early Ford V8 Club website (https://www.earlyfordv8.org/index.cfm ). When you get to the home page click on “membership”. You’ll find that either on the left side of the main page, or in pull down menu at the top of that page (depending on the type of device you are using). When you click on “LOGIN-I’m already a member”. That will take you to a page where you type in your “User name” or your “EFV-8 membership number” and your “password”. If you have difficulty logging in, there are instructions at the bottom of that page to help you. Once you login you’ll see a page where you will find three options “membership”, “on-line magazine”, “Roster” and “logout”. If you click on “on-line magazine“ you will be able to see the current issue and several of the previous issues. If you click on “Roster” you can search on Club Members, either by name, or by city or state. You can also search by car make and model, such as looking for all the 34 Ford three window coupes in the Club.
Members have the option to not have their information in the roster, although most choose to.
It may sound like a convoluted process, but once you do it once, it’s easy after that.
The digital magazine also has a lot of slick features, which I won’t take up any more space in the thread talking about. My suggestion is try it out once or twice!
Joeyv is offline   Reply With Quote