Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
KCTA Chris

Default Finally broke it...

I figured it was time, and knew whatever I parts that were packed certainly wouldn't be the right one. But after 2 years and Lots of driving she finally let go on the road last weekend. As I headed south to the HAMB drags the motor quit, diagnosis by disassembly reviled the one thing... Timing gear.

My fault, I used a NOSR part that was of unknown history. Not too bad though, I had a place to park 4 miles away from the breakdown. I called a friend at the Springfield swap meet, who picked up an new gear from a vendor. Enjoyed the drags and reinstalled the gear sunday morning with simple tools and hit the road.

Most folks would be a upset but this is the first time it needed a little help to get home. I can't complain at all. I've driven this every week since I built it, It's been beat on, hauled kids, lumber, trees, camping equipment and taken our family to secluded fishing hole, even been a parade or two. I've never thought twice about driving across a few states.

Don't know what it is about an "A" but even in the adventure I still had a smile.

Last edited by KCTA Chris; 08-20-2013 at 05:23 PM.
KCTA Chris is offline   Reply With Quote