Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #21
vern hodgson

Default Re: Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern hodgson View Post
I guess I would be looking for those who are buying parts to build them the way the came off the factory floor, or as close to that as finances would allow. I was perusing Craig's list one day and noticed there are areas of the country where no parts or cars ever seem to come into the market
Also was thinking of putting stick pins in a map every tim I see where members write in from.
vern hodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #22
BILL WILLIAMSON

It's AMAZING, THE INFO/OPINIONS that are expressed here! We all know different things & each of us process info, in different ways.
That's what is GREAT about having CONVERSATIONS with interesting people.
Bill W.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #23
vern hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiewagon46 View Post
Vern, let me add something to your question. I have been going to Hershey since 1968. I saved all my programs from every year. In 1968 the program lists over 220 Model A, Fords on the show field. Last year there were about 10 Model A's in total. Where the heck are all of those cars? We need to get those cars back into circulation!
That is quite a change, have they been retired to garages waiting to be discovered once again?
Old 08-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #24
Smooth_One

I'd say Michigan or Indiana. Sorry I diverted back to the original question... ha ha
Old 08-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #25
vern hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
It's AMAZING, THE INFO/OPINIONS that are expressed here! We all know different things & each of us process info, in different ways.
That's what is GREAT about having CONVERSATIONS with interesting people.
Bill W.
Well, thank you, my second ex told me she no longer found me interesting, I advised her to leave my interest to me.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #26
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern hodgson View Post
I guess I would be looking for those who are buying parts to build them the way the came off the factory floor, or as close to that as finances would allow. I was perusing Craig's list one day and noticed there are areas of the country where no parts or cars ever seem to come into the market
Vern, if I am reading your comment correctly about off the showroom floor quality, then from my experience there is a network of 'go to' guys that we tend to contact when we are looking for something specific. As for who is building fine-point vehicles, generally anyone on the club's JSC will know who is restoring what.

As far as restoring and finances, I think that is a misconception many have. While NOS parts can be pricey, restoring original parts yourself is not costly once you have basic tools in place. Buying a small lathe, a mill, and a wire-feed welder for your garage, and then participating on forums & YouTube to learn the skills to operate them allows you to expand to a whole new horizon.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #27
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Vern, if I am reading your comment correctly about off the showroom floor quality, then from my experience there is a network of 'go to' guys that we tend to contact when we are looking for something specific. As for who is building fine-point vehicles, generally anyone on the club's JSC will know who is restoring what.

As far as restoring and finances, I think that is a misconception many have. While NOS parts can be pricey, restoring original parts yourself is not costly once you have basic tools in place. Buying a small lathe, a mill, and a wire-feed welder for your garage, and then participating on forums & YouTube to learn the skills to operate them allows you to expand to a whole new horizon.
Brent,
You're a BLESSED MAN, to have the EQUIPMENT/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERTISE, to do what you do!!!
Bill Tinkerer