Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
t-head

Default << An Original Rajo Equipped Pre War Model T Ford Dry Lakes Racer Photo>>

*Update* It has been ID'ed as the Roy "Multi" Aldrich's T that he built in the late 20's or early 30's. This car was one of the early "Gowjobs". It was run at the dry lakes pre and post war and "Multi" entered and ran this car at the first Bonneville "Speed Week" in 1949 and again through at least 1952.

This pre war dry lakes racing photo is one of our favorite later photos out of the Henry Austin Clark collection. It shows a Model T Ford racer being kick-started with the hand crank. The engine is equipped with an eight-valve Rajo overhead valve conversion head, possibly a Model B or BB racing head with a pair of dual down-draft carburetors on a special intake manifold.

I appears to possibly be a press photo, so at this point we do not know if this photo has been circulated at all. Study it and if you know any details about the car, owner, date or the race meet, please send us a comment.

We also have an enlargement of this photo you can study at theoldmotor.com

And please make a contrubution to our fundraiser for the non-profit McPherson College for equipment and tools if possible. All the details can be found here.

Last edited by t-head; 01-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Buckelew

Default Re: << An Original Rajo Equipped Pre War Model T Ford Dry Lakes Racer Photo>>

When I first took delivery of my Rajo T, I thought about gowing the car. But the uproar from my T friends was enough for me to reconsider -- not that the car's original, but the configuration it's been in for at least 63 years does grow on you after a while.
Buckelew is offline   Reply With Quote