Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2020, 12:56 AM   #1
trentclark

Thumbs up Looking for a new job-maybe...

Hey, I've been on this forum for a year or so figuring out my 47 ford truck that I have owned for 40 years and have found everyone to be incredible with their help. This forum and site is worth millions of dollars in old parts which means billions in real dollars.

I am concerned that some in our forum are getting up in the years and I don't want their expertise to be lost with time. What are we going to do when some of these gentlemen decide to hang it up and quit commenting. Many of them still are providing much needed services to keep everyones old cars running. According to Hagerty the younger generation is really getting into the old cars and trucks and they will need old farts like us to ask questions and figure out 90 year old cars and trucks and keep them on the road. how do we keep this going?
I am 54 and built my first car from a pile of parts and didn't know crap about anything. I just asked a few old guys in the neighborhoods and my church what to do and they steered me to the solution. I drove the 47 ford truck till college and still have it today.

Who is going to be able to rebuild an 8BA, load-a-matic dizzy, 94 carb, or tranny and help these olds buckets of bolts on the road?
Just asking the question of how we keep this great passion, hobby and profession alive in the world of cell phones, Tesla's, social media and political BS.

I am looking to the future and want my Grand kids to see Granddads old truck and know how to keep it running when most cars are driving themselves at that point.

Lets pass the knowledge on to a younger generation. I'm 54 and hope to be working on cars at 100 and have told my 4 kids I will die happy when they find me dead hanging over a fender of an old ford truck.

Lets keep this alive. I have the time and financial blessing to visit anyone on this forum and learn from them. I plan to pass this on to the younger men somehow.

I will share more if I find out there is a consensus out there. I am a born leader, live by the Word of God, and ready to do whatever it takes to keep this passion alive. Thanks for listening to my rant. God bless you, the USA (and Britain-Mart) and Ford Flatheads, everywhere.
trentclark is offline   Reply With Quote