Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
1931widebed

Default Value of a lydon speedler

It's from the teens. In the org box. Gas mileage saver. Let me know if you ever saw or have one. Thanks
1931widebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Value of a lydon speedler

THE LYDON SPEEDLER in these times of war the conservation gasoline is as paramount as the conservation of food for gasoline is the food the ambulance aeroplane tank and The Lydon Speedler is an automobile accessory the prime object or is the saving of gasoline This device is attached just above the and projects into the manifold in action it is controlled by a lever the steering post just below the which admits more or less cold into the manifold It also serves as air brake when opened wide with turned off as it then fills the with cold air thereby giving compression it also serves as a decarbonizer by kerosene or other decarbonizing mixtures through intake manifold cylinders while engine is running lt is sold on an absolute money back and may be applied in a short by any garage man Distributed by ML Worcester Winthrop Mass Price $5
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
1931widebed

Yep that's it. Ever see one sold,or on a car?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Nope, that is why I looked it up. I never even heard of one before. Nice find (I think?)
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
1931widebed

Well it's on eBay now. I was thinking I would of got a offer on here.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
J Franklin

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
THE LYDON SPEEDLER! In these times of war the conservation of gasoline is as paramount as the conservation of food, for gasoline is the food the ambulance, aeroplane, tank, and your automobile needs. The Lydon Speedler is an automobile accessory to which the prime object is the saving of gasoline. This device is attached just above the carburetor and projects into the manifold. In action it is controlled by a lever on the steering post just below the throttle which admits more or less cold air into the manifold. It also serves as air brake when opened wide when the engine is turned off as it then fills the cylinders with cold air thereby giving compression. It also serves as a decarbonizer by kerosene or other decarbonizing mixtures through the intake manifold to the cylinders while the engine is running. lt is sold on an absolute money back guarantee and may be applied in short time by any garage man.
Distributed by ML Worcester Winthrop Mass.
Price $5

Last edited by J Franklin; 02-04-2013 at 02:16 AM.
J Franklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #7
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931widebed View Post
Well it's on eBay now. I was thinking I would of got a offer on here.
Personally I would have started the bidding at 10.00 and kept a reserve of 200.00.

As you have no idea what it is worth, you have no idea what it will bring either. If after the 6 days you have no bids you still have no idea what the market is for such an item. At least with a 10.00 starting bid you are almost sure to get some action and you would get an idea of value based on those bids and still be able to get your 200.00+ if it went that high. If it did not hit the reserve you could judge if you want to settle for less or keep it for a future sale.

Best of luck and I hope it sells for thousands!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #8
1931widebed

Thanks. I like to be to the point and not be shady with a reserve. I know I would get more bids with a low start. But I don't think this is going to sell to the comon person. I really think it's cool. Hope I find Someone else that dose too. And would love to trade it for a model a over head valve kit( we all can dream) lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #9
1931widebed

5$ org price = to 21.7 gallons of gas in 1918 @.23 cents a gallon. Was kind of expensive With the price of gas now about 3.50 it's about $76.00 today. Don't think you would sell to many gas savers today at that price. Maybe that's way no one has chimed in that they have one on there model t.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
feelsharp

Hope you get several hundred! I have one I took off of a 1912 Warren Detroit I had years ago. It's still in the cabinet awaiting something appropriate to put it on.
feelsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
luckyal

I sold one on Ebay 2 years ago. Package was not maybe as good but the part was the same. I thought I would get 100 to 150 dollars. Listed it 3 times. On the third listing I removed the reserve andgot two bids. It sold for $ 35.50. Nobody knew what it was and maybe that was why nobody wanted it ! I saw one at Hershey last yeaR FOR $ 75.00 DOLLARS ! Sorry if I burst your balloon !
luckyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
1931widebed

That's ok I will just keep it for the cool factor. Thanks Feelsharp for letting me know you had one on your 1912 wd that's neat. Thanks luckyal telling about yours that you had on eBay. I'm very glad for this site.