Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
wingski

Default cross-threaded

As a rule, I use a lot of expletives when I talk. Sooo, I’m sure I sound more intelligent thanI really am on this forum, but there are times when an expletive comes in pretty handy.

One of those times is when I cross-thread something, and that ### fuel line and sediment bowl is an example. I know I’m not as agile as I once was, but getting that brass connector lined up so it fits correctly on the back of the sediment bowl is a real ###. I cross-threaded the thing the day before yesterday and was so disgusted that I took a day off from working on the A. Yesterday, I removed the sediment bowl and strightened those crossed threads and attached the fuel line. It screwed on perfectly, and I was so proud. However, the bowl and line are on my workbench and not back in the car. Now I’ve got to get it all back together without cross-threading the ### thing. My back, my neck, my fingers, and my shoulders are all telling me not to touch the ### thing and get some little guy who could stand up in there and line the thing up correctly. However, I don’t know any little guys.

And yes, I have taken the bottom of the front seat out. And yes, I will take a pain pill before attempting to put it in. And no, the pain pill does not make me goofy.

So there, I’m sooo glad I was able to share all this with you.

Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote