Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #21
Wuudie

Default Re: Upsetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
You're pretty lucky to get that little damage to it.I sold a nice BSA motorcycle to my fathers neighbor around 1980.Ten years later I got a call from his wife asking if I would like to buy the bike back.Turns out she had kicked him out a couple of months after he bought the bike,and she put it behind the garage so she wouldn't have to look at it.It sat leaning on the wall under the eaves with no spark plugs,carb,or exhaust.Crankcase was split,frame tubes were split,gas tank was split,everything tht could take on water was opened up.The funny part was that she knew he had paid me $2500.for the bike,and it was a classic that was ten years older now.So she was starting at $3500.and wanted an offer.My offer was to not charge to come over with the backhoe and haul it off.
That's how I got the Red Harley in my avitar- back in college 1992- I was bartending at my uncle's place, we had a couple that came in reqularly every few weeks/months, the husband cheated on the wife- bike was in the wife's name, she ended up selling it to me for $2,000- couldn't turn that down.
Wuudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #22
Gravelroad

Keep taking care of mom Wuudie. No matter how irrational she may seem, she won't be around forever. When she is gone you will have a clear concious and a nice model A.
Gravelroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
jimvette59

Just sold my late 31 tudor sedan deluxe because I lost my storage.
jimvette59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
Terry, NJ

Wuudie, In the 80s, I was supposed to get my dads 66 Mustang. Funny thing happened! A week before I was supposed to get the car, I got a call that they were
Giving it to my cousin Gail, (Who was going thru her drunk period then). Seems she cracked up her car and needed a replacement. A couple of years later she cracked it up too. I had a 59 Edsel corsair convertible and I was getting the "Get that junk out of here" from Mom, and she made arrangements with a "Friend" to give it to their 16 yo son for a first car. He loved to take it out and put the top up and down intil the he somehow shorted the battery. His father called the junky and had it hauled off. Then there was the 47 Merc Convertible, again, "Get that junk outa here!" Gone but not forgotten! And my 47 Crosley, my TR3, My 58 Jag. My 57 ,factory stick shift. Buick. Mothers can be a P.I.T.A. about old cars (and boats) They just don't understand.
Hey, If you need some ash for wood in that car, I've got some I can give you.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote