Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
18xray

Default 1939 Ford Pickup... please don't make me scrap it

I'm going into the Army in September, so I need to sell my truck, and the sooner I can get it out of my way the better. Really hoping to be able to find it a decent home...
but it NEEDS to be gone by the end of the month. A lot of people have been flaking on this, and I would really hate to have to haul this thing down to the recycle yard and turn it in for scrap metal. That's on you gear heads!

For sale is a 1939 Ford Pick Up.
True barn car, I found this truck in a barn up north and brought it back down to the bay.
It comes with the frame, body pieces, drive shaft, rear axle, suspension, and wheels. No engine, transmission, or interior.

The truck is really clean... it's been sitting, but was primered before it was parked, so there is no "body cancer", and all the pieces are incredibly straight, especially for its age.

Don't be misled by the pictures- the primer is rust colored.The truck has been a "non-op" for so long, that it's not even in the DMV system... this means
that whoever buys it and builds it gets to be the first registered owner (I have the forms to register it). It's currently disassembled, and primed and ready to go for the restoration it deserves. Perfect platform to make what ever kind of a project you want out of it. I have the historically accurate bolts for the Bed-to-frame and Cab-to-frame, which were made by Roy Nacewicz. Part of the sale price also includes copies of all my
pictures in high-resolution, and all my research and sources for the proper parts and services that you may need.
If you have any questions, let me know.

See link below for my cataloging of all the body parts, front and back.

http://1939fordpickup.shutterfly.com/26

I have a ton of pictures, and can send you high-res versions of any that you would like. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Just make me any offer that isn't offensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0011 small.jpg (98.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0008.jpg (40.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0007.jpg (46.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.jpg (60.1 KB, 80 views)
18xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Tinker

Default Re: 1939 Ford Pickup... please don't make me scrap it

Where do you live 18Xray?
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
18xray

Sorry about that.... Santa Clara, CA, southern SF bay area. There are lots of haulers here, and I am more than willing to help the buyer work with and coordinate moving the truck
Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Scott H

I guess he lives in, near, or by the bay, which is south of the barn he pulled it out of.

Just not sure which bay and in which state he's talking about
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
18xray

CA = California, SF = San Francisco .... my apologies again
Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Mike B

If it comes to that, I'd give you twice scrap.

How long will you be in the Army? I could store it for you, I'm about 85 miles East-ish of Santa Clara.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
18xray

I've got 2 years of training and 3 of service on the stack. I have debt that I'll be paying off, so I can't afford to really pay to store it.

I'll try to find out what the recycle yards are paying for metal, and how much this beast weighs for ya.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Mike B

When I said I'd store it, I meant for free.

Least I could do to save an Old Ford, especially for one who's going to put life on the line for his Country.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
Mike B

PS, unless you cut it up and seperate tin from steel, you'll only get about 150-200 for it as scrap...reallly would be a shame. Cut up and seperated, maybe 300 in weight....still would be a shame.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Joe KCMO

My hats off to you Mike B. Service men deserve what ever we can do to help them when they are protecting us and allowing us to pursue our hobbies. Whatever we can do if this young man wants the truck we should do. Thank you again Mike B.
Joe KCMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
Ken Crans

Please!!!! Don't scrap it!!! Thats a nice truck. People east would die for a truck in that shape! Ken
Ken Crans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Mike in Mass

YOU AIN,T KIDDIN KEN SUPER NICE ,JUST TOO FAR FOR ME i HOPE YOU TAKE THE OFFER OF FREE STORAGE GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES MIKE IN MASS
Mike in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
JM 35 Sedan

I'm probably one of the accused "flaker's" that 18Xray is talking about. I have been E-mailing him back and forth on this PU. I have talked to several of my buddies who are looking for a project but they are all located out here on the "right" coast and think the shipping would be a problem and the cost of shipping would be expensive. I would love to get the truck just to rescue it from the scrappers who will more than likely send it to China in a crushed square lump.
Come on folks......someone please step forward here and help this Soldier out. Don't let this piece of American iron get scrapped!

J.M.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
GreenMonster48

There are so many reputable shipping companies out there. I recently got a quote to get a car from California to CT. I didn't go through with it, but it would have run me about 1200 bucks or less. If you add that to the price of this truck which looks like it's going to be low, that's not a bad deal especially for us guys back east. Look for shipping companies on ebay.
GreenMonster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
bobjaws

What do you want for the truck?
bobjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
Karl Wolf

I am 6 miles north of the Golden Gate bridge, contact me if you want- I am interested... Karl
Karl Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
OLD...BILL

Hey Mike;..18xray .and all barner's MIKE is a stand-up guy ( he dose what he says he will do ) if you were any closer come get my hauling trailer, and if you run out of room, we can store it here for the same "FREE", and we will keep it for the truck safe for 18xray... I bet we can find some parts for the build, later too... OLD...BILL ... on the north cost,
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
OLD...BILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I'm probably one of the accused "flaker's" that 18Xray is talking about. I have been E-mailing him back and forth on this PU. I have talked to several of my buddies who are looking for a project but they are all located out here on the "right" coast and think the shipping would be a problem and the cost of shipping would be expensive. I would love to get the truck just to rescue it from the scrappers who will more than likely send it to China in a crushed square lump.
Come on folks......someone please step forward here and help this Soldier out. Don't let this piece of American iron get scrapped!

J.M.
JM: I'll back-up Mike B on the free storage, if he runs out of room. and keep it safe for "our solder boy" and all the help he needs ..I have room plus ... OLD...BILL
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #19
41PICUP

How much ??
41PICUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
Mike B

Thanks for ther kind words, wan't my intention to gain any notice....

But here's the other thing that might work for Xray....say one of you east coast guys want it, and you agree on a prce, xray needs to move it...I'
d be happy to keep it at my place (about 20 miles from 99 and 25 miles off I5), until proper, cheap ttransport could be arrangend, I have a forklift and backhoe, so no problem loading anything....agin, I'm not looking for a project or any resale thing, just like a lot of you it shouldn't be scrapped.

So, if someone in the next few weeks makes a deal on the truck, I'll be glad to hold it here at my place for you...again, no charge, no hidden feees, etc, etc....

Hey, let's amke this right for the young man who's about to serve our(well, OUr in the USA sense...I know there are many non-US esidents that frequent this board) Country, and if anyone over seas wants the truck, same deal, I'll work with you on getting it to the Oakland Port for shipment (preety sure they go overseas from Oakland?).

Anyways, here's my final soapbox speech....I'll buy the truck if need be, and sit on it, just so xray can get a few bucks in his pocket....I'll seel the truck to whomever for what I have invested into it...I won't make a dime, or if ray wants to park it here, he can put a price on it, and I'll (or whomever) buys it, just send him the money....no cash has to touch my hands at all.

Being that I never served in the armed forces (and really, I didin't have the Juevos to do it), I'm so stoked about young men and women who actually volunteer to serv in these trying times...heck, when I was 18 I had to register for the drat...scariest time of my life.

Might be one of the only ways I can give back now.

Okay, enough babbling...gotta find me a cold Coors somewhere!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #21
Mike B

Xray, give me a call...209 845 8322 to morrow after about 11:am, have to run mom to the doctor.

Lets get this figured out.

Just ask for Mike, or leave a messasge.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #22
Clem Clement

Save the truck.

My Daddy died in 56 and we had to sell my 40 Merc to my cousins. They promised to sell it back to me. I joined the USAF and did two tours on 'Nam. When home I would check on the car. The dreams about that car helped keep me sane while in war. After I got back I found that they had sold the car. I cried.

After my service years I went chasing the car. That specific 40 Merc 4 door convert is fully restored and lives in another man's barn in Ohio. I have as yet not had the courage to go see it.

clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
Lawson Cox

Clem. By all means, drum up the courage and go see the Merc. Hey, the man may sell it back to you.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #24
Clem Clement

thanks. I keep in touch. The color is not origianal and all the womens I hauled around in it are otherwise interested in someone else. She is only mine in my mind and heart.
Clem, with a tear
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #25
hbleadsled

Mike B my hat is off to you too I did serve 1956 to 1960 you have a GOOD Hart Mike. Harold, central coast Ca.
hbleadsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
18xray

Hey guys,

First off, thanks for all the support! I would have responded sooner, but Comcast sucks for internet.

I'm talking to this guy Ryan from the HAMB... looks like he's interested in picking up the truck sometime next week for $1500.
If anyone else is still interested, let me know... like I said before, I've had many people back out on this, so I'm certainly going to keep anyone interested in mind.

Thanks again!

-Kevin-
Old 07-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #27
Mike B

Good luck on the deal Kevin, if things don't pan out, give me a call.

Regrads,

Mke
Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #28
296 V8
BANNED

Kevin
Have cash and trailer....just need a call back
296 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote