Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #1
captndan

Thumbs up Service

Yesterday I called in an order. The person said OK right after lunch. It was about 12:30 MDT. Finish your sandwich. One hour later I get an e-mail. " Steve Becker has sent you a package."
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Re: Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by captndan View Post
Yesterday I called in an order. The person said OK right after lunch. It was about 12:30 MDT. Finish your sandwich. One hour later I get an e-mail. " Steve Becker has sent you a package."
Ya know Dan, I don't want to start an age or a generation war but, I'd love to know, just for curiosity, what is the age of the customer service persons at the other end of the line at the more reliable Model A parts stores.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
daveymc29

It seems possible that older folks may be more familiar with the terms we Model A folks use and also they may have been exposed to more bad spelling and incorrect language usage than the average twenty something person. They also may not believe something just because the see it in writing, they may double check for possible error. JMHO
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
captndan

I dunno for sure but I heard that all the employees drive model A's.
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
P.S.

Bert's is the best. Steve answers the phone with a sandwich in one hand, pen in the other and a mouthful. What gets me is when I call Bert's to order parts, Steve just somehow knows it's me and never asks for the address, card number, etc. I just tell him what I want and he says thanks and hangs up. Then I log in to email and there is a shipping confirmation with tracking. Two days later, here are my parts. Just like magic.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
jax55

I buy a lot from Steve at Bert's, and have had great service from them. I have also purchased from other suppliers, any of them that I had a problem with I no longer buy from. I also do not bad mouth them, but will add my experience if I feel it will help.
A recent description of a problem with another supplier turned into a "bash" for spelling and grammar... really? It was one persons description of a transaction they encountered.
Bad mouth me if you must, but i feel for someone who posts something from their experience or ask for help that has trouble with spelling/grammar and gets ridiculed for it. If we were all perfect, would a site like this be needed or wanted?
Sorry, rant over. Let's help each other and not get personal.
jax55 is offline   Reply With Quote