Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #41
Dennis/Arkansas

Default Re: cameraderie

Ol' Ron, I hope your Grandson comes through for you. I'd love to see some of those millions of pictures you have! Dennis/Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
My computer grandson is graduation this week. Maybe I can get him to show me how to post pictures when he gets time. Tomorrow I'm getting a new printer with a scanner built in, Could be dangerous.
Dennis/Arkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #42
52merc

Thumbs up Re: cameraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by X38 View Post
You guys still whinin'?

Trev, are you sure you're not English?

gidday as you well know im not a pom!!just where in my post am i whinning?i answered ol rons post then comented on how easy to do pics,then went on about getting s/a private messages have you had any ? i guess not,, is it because ive dared to mention that other site !! or what ,
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #43
Ol' Ron

In my early life I never took many pictures, my wife took family pics and that's about it. Unfortunately I never took pics of my cars or raceses or anything else for that matter. I only got started when I wrote my book, I have a small Digital camera that worls fine. On a months trip with Rumble seat, I took 900 pics. Haven't seen all of them yet either.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #44
George G

I like the fact that Ryan doesn't tolerate bullying. Something that was all too present on the old board.
George G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #45
Ronnie

Amen George

Ronnie
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #46
X38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post

gidday as you well know im not a pom!!just where in my post am i whinning?i answered ol rons post then comented on how easy to do pics,then went on about getting s/a private messages have you had any ? i guess not,, is it because ive dared to mention that other site !! or what ,
Trev, you've had a whine in quite a few threads. Especially about pictures.

Must be the NZ wine .

Last edited by X38; 06-10-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: I left out the in.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #47
52merc

that was about posting lots of pics on the foum if you remember thats not a whine ;i dont mind about pics when your trying to find something ect but stuff like this is the offical site of whatever year was what i was talking about,i personally do not think a forum is the place for that as the site has other places for it,plus those posts were quite a while ago,,tell me were you ever on the ol barn b4 under that x38,or just on the hamb?? by the way i dont drink wine lol
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #48
X38

I visited the Barn Trevor but it was, let's just say, not very user friendly. I am also on the Early Ford V8 Club site under the same name.

Friends of mine tell me the wine from Marlborough is very good.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #49
denverslim

No offence intended here, but it's boring around this site. I don't know if it's the cumbersom format or what, but I just can't get too excited about it. You know?
I look at the posts and sometimes try to get a rise or a chuckle and it's like were all kinda dead. Maybe everything has already been said about old Fords that is to be said and the bitching and name calling over at hamb is just to get people to tune in.
Jeese, how many more posts about what is the best way to clean WW tires can we handle?
Kinda like the Stepford wifes talking about tips on cleaning the kitchen floor.
Tell me I'm wrong! What is it?...slim
denverslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #50
Don W/Norfolk

It's kinda like when they redecorated the diner. Nothing changed except the vinyl on the stools. Same menu, same food, same service but those seats just didn't sit right for a while. Give it time, guys and quit picking at the new upholstery. dw
Old 06-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #51
Django

Maybe part of the perceived problem is the segregation. I love it. I'm not into the Model T or the Model A that much unless it's a hot rod. '32-48, stock, hot rod, junk, pristine, I don't care. Love them. But I can see where it would look like a lot less is going on with the segregation.

Post more stuff if you think the site is boring. Start a thread on how you rebuilt your 3 speed. Or how you put a Columbia in your '39. Or how you found that '40 Merc in a junkyard? Take advantage of the new photo capabilities and post pics along with the tech how to. A message board is only as good as the members and their contributions.

If David/Mass left before, then why? See if he will consider coming back. Like I have posted before, I LOVE the reformat of the Barn, which is why I post regularly now instead of when I have a problem/question or when I'm buying/selling.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #52
GreenMonster48

I only lurked here before the revision. It seemed like an untapped resource of knowledge. (I say untapped because a lot of the threads were difficult to read/search for.) There's a lot of knowledge here that I'd love to see shared with the next generation. I'm 29 and just learning about Flatheads. Please consider us, and we'll listen.
GreenMonster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #53
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
Maybe part of the perceived problem is the segregation. I love it. I'm not into the Model T or the Model A that much unless it's a hot rod. '32-48, stock, hot rod, junk, pristine, I don't care. Love them. But I can see where it would look like a lot less is going on with the segregation.

Post more stuff if you think the site is boring. Start a thread on how you rebuilt your 3 speed. Or how you put a Columbia in your '39. Or how you found that '40 Merc in a junkyard? Take advantage of the new photo capabilities and post pics along with the tech how to. A message board is only as good as the members and their contributions.

If David/Mass left before, then why? See if he will consider coming back. Like I have posted before, I LOVE the reformat of the Barn, which is why I post regularly now instead of when I have a problem/question or when I'm buying/selling.
Extremely well said Chad!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #54
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster48 View Post
I only lurked here before the revision. ....... I'm 29 and just learning about Flatheads. Please consider us, and we'll listen.
THIS is why threads about so called "old boring/repetitive/mundane/whatever subjects" (e.g. cleaning W/W, but many others as well) have meaning. When you're green you grow.....when you're ripe you rot. Young blood is good for our hobby and should be encouraged.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #55
flatjack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverslim View Post
No offence intended here, but it's boring around this site. I don't know if it's the cumbersom format or what, but I just can't get too excited about it. You know?
I look at the posts and sometimes try to get a rise or a chuckle and it's like were all kinda dead. Maybe everything has already been said about old Fords that is to be said and the bitching and name calling over at hamb is just to get people to tune in.
Jeese, how many more posts about what is the best way to clean WW tires can we handle?
Kinda like the Stepford wifes talking about tips on cleaning the kitchen floor.
Tell me I'm wrong! What is it?...slim
It's kind of like when we talk about the "good ole days". We remember the good parts, but forget about all the crap and inconveniences we had to put up with. There was a lot of drivel on the old site. This format is head and shoulders above the old Barn. I don't see how you can say this is cumbersome compared to the old site.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #56
jerseyboy

I've been posting and lurking on the Barn since 2004. I've met some great people and read some pretty nasty rants. The only thing that has changed is the format and some of the original crew are no longer here.

In time things will settle down, there will be fights about water pumps and politics. I can remember lots of disscusions that had nothing to do with Fords, like mice and Clem Clements where abouts

I liked the old Barn, and I like the new one

AKA Scott/CT
Hooked up on it now.
I tried to hook another
To see if I'd do a little good,
But ain't no place to put it
'Less I perforate the hood.

Wanted, lower side sections of 32 radiator cowl.

Last edited by jerseyboy; 06-10-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: more info
jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #57
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post

In time things will settle down, there will be fights about water pumps and politics.
AKA Scott/CT
Nope, won't happen.
In Ryan's world there are very strick rules regarding discussions on politics or religion.
Rightly so those posts/replies are deleted immediately.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #58
HOTRODPRIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
I've been surfing for a long time,verry seldom posting,seems to me there's something missing from the old Ford barn, dont ask me what it is but i have this uneasy feeling Something is missing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Me too, but it's the only game in town. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom/illinois View Post
I ditto that guys. It's just not the same old place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
I agree too,liked the old barn better. To me it was easier to get around on it,but its all we have. ken isidor ct.

‘When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don’t see the one which has opened for us.’ Alexander Graham Bell
Old 06-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #59
flatjack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr View Post
In my opinion alot of the "banter" went by way of the social groups and PM's. I really don't understand joining a social group that is topic specific. If it has to do with Fords place it on the main boards.

If someone helped you out by answering a question or offering a solution to a problem that was posted on the main board, reply with your respons/thank you on the main board. No need to send the person a PM and take the "banter" private. Common conversation/banter is how everyone gets to know each other. Trust me when I say just from reading guys comments on this board, not comments directed at me, just comments, questions, suggestions, replies, etc, you can tell quite a bit about a person.....good and not so good.

As far as posting photos, it really is quite easy and is as simple as reading the directions and practicing a time or two.
I totally agree. Social groups are a dumb idea. Can only lead to splintering the group.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #60
53ash

I'm new to the Ford Barn. Never knew about the old one. I came from the Hamb. I really like being able to talk about something or ask about something, here, without being slammed around by A** H#@&s.
I love these old cars, and have friends that do too. My Dad drove, raced, etc. flatheads "in the day" He's gone now, so this is where I go to learn and share some of what I know. Keep talking and teaching. Invite new and/or young folks in and take care of them. Things will keep going and won't be "boring or stale" to any of us. And we can know that we are spreading this really great information and making a difference, in this world anyway. Thanks for all the good stuff here. Sorry I didn't know the old place. Hugh