Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
seadog

Default Re: The Blue Ridge Mountain. Parkway Tour, Oct., 2011

I'd be interested in joining in Asheville. I'll keep watching for the itineary. 'Sounds like fun.
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
phartman

Love to have you along, Tom.
phartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #43
seadog

Bump. Any further details yet?
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #44
Vic Piano

Old 07-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #45
phartman

I like that. Can't wait.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #46
JM 35 Sedan

OK Folks, sorry about the lull in time for making some up dates here on the 2011 BRP Tour. This summer has been extremely busy for me so far but I am now planning to spend more time organizing this tour and making updates here on Fordbarn and on the Chevy Barn (non Chevy forum).
So far it looks like we have ~ 16 people (w/12 cars) who have either confirmed or expressed an interest in doing this tour. What I need now is for those who have not sent me a positive confirmation (with contact info such as full name, home address, email address, phone #'s, car you will be driving, a contact name & phone # in case of an emergency, etc.) to PM me with this info asap. Just in case someone who has previously expressed an interest in going, and may not see this post, I will be sending out a reminder via PM's. For those folks who would like to start the tour in Front Royal, Va, on 10/15/11, I have reserved a small block of rooms for the night of 10/14 at the Hampton Inn in Front Royal, Va. Contact Lisa Hogan, General Manager, 1-540-635-1882 to make reservations. Mention to her that you are touring with the "Fordbarn Group" for their group rate.
We will start our driving tour on 10/15 at 8:00 AM from either the Hampton Inn or possibly a nearby Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Our goal will be to drive ~ 100 miles per day with stops along the way at predetermined locations as well as other stops as we see something of interest and/or may need to use restrooms, etc.
I am compiling a list of interesting/scenic stops alone the entire length of the BRP that we will consider making and then allow everyone to vote on these prior to starting the tour.
I will also compile a list of restaurants, hotels, B&B's, and gas stations, etc., including their exit numbers or Rt. junction numbers at about every 100 miles along the parkway.

Please remember that anyone is welcome to come along on this tour regardless of what type of vehicle you may be driving. Sooooo, if you want to go..........please let me know by sending me a PM. Also, if I have forgotten to mention something, please let me know that as well with a PM.

Thank you Ford Barn for allow us to use this forum as a means of communication for this tour, and as mentioned before, this tour is in no way sponsored by the Ford Barn.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #47
Vic Piano

Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #48
JM 35 Sedan

Ha Ha, Good one Vic! That sure looks like it could be my '35 standard sedan kicking up the dust roaring down some dirt road. Windshield wide open bringing in fresh air so I can breathe. Yee hah!! LOL

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #49
my4dv8

We did the apple blossom festival in Winchester and took in the Blue ridge drive last year and were blown away by the scenery and the splendid road conditions. The view were blue and sometimes hazy as expected at that time of year but it was unforgetable . Left Front Royal not really knowing where we were heading , didnt see any bears but lots of insects to share our lunch. Awesome trip. Yall gotta do it.
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #50
Grandadeo

Wow, this thread was all the way back on page 14. I guess Vic has been off-line lately. We are going to try and make the Moonshine Festival at the end of a week in the GA mountains. Anybody else going to be there?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #51
jim1932

Doesn't look like my car will be ready for it. Maybe I will volunteer to be a support truck
jim1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #52
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadeo View Post
Wow, this thread was all the way back on page 14. I guess Vic has been off-line lately. We are going to try and make the Moonshine Festival at the end of a week in the GA mountains. Anybody else going to be there?

Lee

Hi Lee, Yup, I've been busy but I have promoted the event over on the no-Chevy section of the ChevyBarn. I wish I could make it to the BRP Tour but I just can't get away for it. I will however be at the Moonshine Festival on Friday and Saturday, if the '39 CS cooperates. Send me an email with your cell phone # so we can arrange to meet. Vic
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #53
phartman

Unfortunately, I can only come up Friday night, and do the Skyline Drive part of the tour. But I'll see you all there for at least the "pickoff" phase. Can't wait.

Pete
Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #54
JM 35 Sedan

OK folks, it's getting close now, only 18 more days until October 15th, the official start of the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway Tour aka The BRP Tour. Everyone who has signed up, and some who were thinking about going, will get an email from me today with all the information that I have put together so far for this tour. If you think you had signed up but didn't get an email today, send me a PM.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #55
Vic Piano

John, hope you guys have a super event, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Dawsonville for the Moonshine Festival. We'll be driving up from Tampa on Thursday, Oct. 20th. Give me a call (PM me if you don't still have my cell phone #) on Thurs. or Friday and we'll get together. Vic
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #56
Grandadeo

Vic, been watching the temperature forcasts for the GA/NC mountains. Looks like mid 40's at night. Oh... that's so brisk when you don't have any windows.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #57
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadeo View Post
Vic, been watching the temperature forcasts for the GA/NC mountains. Looks like mid 40's at night. Oh... that's so brisk when you don't have any windows.

Lee
Lee, I took the heater out of the '39 CS and traded it to Redneck a while ago... But I do have windows... Mid 40's is balmy up there at that time of year. I just topped of the radiator in the '39 with some 50/50 anti-freeze...
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #58
JM 35 Sedan

Only five more days to go for the start of the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway Tour on Saturday, October 15th at Front Royal, VA. If you haven't signed on yet....you still have time. This will not be a highly structured tour. Just a group of old car enthusiasts taking a leisurely drive along some of the most beautiful and scenic areas in America.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #59
alanwoodieman

when will you be in NC around Grandfather Mtn?
alanwoodieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #60

if the dates are in line we me returning from moonshine run (Home is ohio) in would join in.will be driving my 40 coupe.
3340 is offline   Reply With Quote