Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
henry494

Default Re: Need help at Macungie P.A. Meet.

Pete,
I thought I was done with this thread until you mis-stated a couple facts. I can tell the difference between your Acme covers and the originals without them being side by side, no problem at all. Your covers are very nice and very close, but a good judge can usually tell the difference, and should be able to, so that the owner who pursued original parts will be awarded accordingly. And no, I haven't looked 25 years for my full set of Acmes, I have owned them 25 years. Recheck what I wrote, and if I wasn't clear, then now you know exactly what I meant.

You wrote that your 180A and Doug's Roadster were the top two cars. No, Gary and Trudy'e Cabbie were between you two.

Please return and read Will's earlier response about participating and understanding the judging process.

To the readers, I am done with this thread, we have definitely wasted enough of your time, and accomplished nothing, other than the possibility of alienating some from pursuing their Blue Ribbon goals. If that happened, e-mail me and we'll have off-line discussions so I can encourage you to get back on track and ignore the nonsense of the whining in this thread.

Dave Lopes

"He said he can tell the difference.Sure side by side and look long enough. Ask him how long he has been looking for orginials??? I have his email [25 YEARS] .and he is not alone. So how long wound he wait if i did not come along? "

"All correct and i was even with Dougs in points.[we were the 2 top cars].That does not bother me."