Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2022, 06:53 PM   #21
gdmn852

Default Re: Is a Restoration In Your Future?

Hello, bought the 31 Roadster just for a driver but got more into it and now more of a running restoration.The previous “restoration “ was mostly cosmetic, lots of worn parts, under shiny paint.I also have a MG , many in the British car club have more in them than they are worth, but they are fun drivers. Also they are part of automotive history and should be preserved. Never looked at them as “investments “rather some thing I want to own and drive .
gdmn852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:52 PM   #22
MickyD

If you can afford it go for it. I bought my 28 Roadster in 2015. I paid too much for it, $16,00. I now have a total of $30,00 in it including the new upholstery and paint job. . It comes out of the upholstery shop this week. I don't regret a penny of what I have spent. I have had a lot of fun with it and hope to have more. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner. In a couple of days I will be looking to bring home a 1930 Tudor, my next project. I am 76 and I still love working on old cars, but my body does not. Enjoy while you can.
MickyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-29-2022, 08:31 AM   #23
Chris in WNC

Not in my past or my future.
I have the skills but not the patience.
Although I did replace or restore everything on the early '30 Tudor that I drove for 14 years except paint and kingpins. (machine work on engine and the upholstery were all that I hired out)
Too many other irons in the fire right now although I would sort of like to get a running doodlebug or a survivor AA someday......
Old 04-02-2022, 09:03 PM   #24
MickyD

Just fix what you can and enjoy them and drive them.I bought my 28 Roadster in 2015.Paid too much for it. Between buying it, painting it and new uphostery, tires etc, $30,000 invested but it is finally finished. I have been driving it since I bought it and having fun. My next project is my 31 Tudor Deluxe which I just bought for $9,000 and hope to have a lot of fun with it. I am 76 and will drive and work on them as long as I can. Good luck with all you have.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:01 PM   #25
MickyD

Accidentally posted same thing twice.