Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
FROG_PONDS

Angry Dealing with mac's. Auto parts

Just checking to see if this has happened to anyone other than me.i got an email from mac's. For 10% discount on anything totaling $250.00 and up for valentines day. I called and started to place my order for the discount. The sales person said that the inner tubes i wanted to order was not under the 10% discount. He and i both reviewed the email add and nothing was excluded on the offer. He then called his supervisor who informed him that the inner tubes would only qualify for 5% discount. I canceled my order. This may be a small thing but i think it is bad business. Thanks for reading this. Rich
FROG_PONDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Lynn Wright

Default Re: Dealing with mac's. Auto parts

I'm a newby Model A owner and just starting the final 20% of the restoration, and have been ordering parts from Mac, and several of the items just don't fit; to wit a battery hold-down which is at least 1" to short of the studs. Are all Asian parts this bad? Is there any vendor who sells good old USA made parts? I spoke with Mac and they said to return the parts, but the shipping cost outweighs the refund.
Lynn Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
Flathead Dave

Default Re: Dealing with mac's. Auto parts

As with most vendors, not all items are discounted at the time of the discounts. When I get a "discounted offer" I will always ask which item that I need is not offered at the discount. This normally clears it up for me.