Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
darrell

Default lambrecht auction

I picted up a copy of jan hemmings today.they had a few pages from that auction in it.who goes to those auctions and pays those crazy prices.most were little more than parts cars 19000 for a 59 chev 4 door ever the headlights were missing I don't care if it had 2 miles on it ita a 59 chev.a 57 chev 4 door with 47000 miles that hadn't run since the indian wars goes for 37000.most needed major work.needless to say I never go to these things something happens to peoples minds.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: lambrecht auction

Is that where they found all those Chevies in that old dealership?
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Lanny

Some were in the building, which part of the roof had collapsed in years ago, and damaged some of the vehicles in there.
Most of the vehicles had spent the major time outside, in the elements, all those years, and were very deteriorated.
I thought Every vehicle went for Way More then they looked like they should bring,
but a Fool and his money are Soon Parted........ JMO.

Last edited by Lanny; 12-31-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
ems customer service

there not crazy prices, but prices of the future
ems customer service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
alt63bird

Auctioneer was very good at self-promotion and hyping what was there. Knowledgable locals knew that virtually everything there that sat out was at best parts cars. Those who were caught up in the bidding frenzy were wearing blinders or have seen too many showings of "American Pickers" and "Fast and Loud."
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
35+ year member, Crown Victoria Ass'n.
alt63bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #6
darrell

there must have been some wicked hangovers.
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
Ole Don

The real hangovers will start when the buyers get the car home and up on jack stands so they can see the real rust buckets they bought.
Ole Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Oldmics
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Don View Post
The real hangovers will start when the buyers get the car home and up on jack stands so they can see the real rust buckets they bought.
Yeah, IF theres enough metal left where the stands get placed so that the jack stands dont poke through the frame/floor.

Stupid is as stupid does. F Gump

P.S. I really dislike those picker bastards or as I refer to them American Peckers.

Oldmics
Oldmics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
rick55

The premise of American Pickers,and others, that you have to sell your rare and collectables at a price that allows them to double their money and that is after they are making a show which they get paid for seems to me to be a@#e up and backwards. They keep saying that high prices are retail and they NEED to makea profit. Seems strange when you realise that they are the customer not the seller, then at the end of the show they gloat about the exorbitant prices they are going to sell your long kept treasure for.
Its a sign of the times I guess.

1958 Ford Mainline Utility, 1955 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford
rick55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
raceron1120

But....but - they are REALITY shows! Yeah, right. I get a kick outta watching them.

Shows like Pickers, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars etc. should be considered entertainment and not - as they say - reality. I'd guess they're about as 'real' as silicone implants - might be fun to watch but. . . well, you know

I've heard that after the cameras are off, they will send crews in to some of those places and buy a lot more stuff if the folks are willing to sell. But one thing I think they do - much like ebay does - is to drive prices for some useless stuff sky high. Great for sellers, not so good for buyers.
raceron1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
Frankenstein57

I know a guy who pulled a trailer out there, he bought a car from one of the outside collections, not to bad of a price, he was satisfied. Mark
Frankenstein57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
mercman from oz

Default Lambrecht Auction

In addition to buying the car, as a Bonus, the Buyers got a load of Compost off the Hoods of some of the cars. I guess that it was prudent of the Auctioneers not to clear this mess away, as it would have shown up more rust & even holes.
This is definitely not the way to present cars for sale. Maybe, the Buyers were paying for the 1950's something Dust & Dirt collected over the years of non-use, as it seems that the auctioneers never even bothered to wash the cars before the sale. Buyers beware.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
teejay99

The auctioneers job is to get the enthusiasm going to drive up the price ...commission is involved . For bidders who know what they are bidding on , it's not a problem . But as OLDMICS said , stupid is as stupid does . Remember the BJ auction 3 or 4 years ago where the Volkswagon Minibus went over 200k? Even the auction people were looking at each other , going WTF ?? Two guys bid stupid money and I was laughing my butt off .

T
teejay99 is offline   Reply With Quote