Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Vanspeed

Default picked up a 1935 pickup project

I have never had a 35-6 pickup but always thought they were good looking trucks. i picked this up today and have a few questions. This is not going to be a show truck, just an original 35 pickup that you can use as a truck. Going for a fresh from the barn driver look. The truck was a driver until a tree fell on it in the 60's. It was parked in hopes of rebuilding and parts were found but it never happened. It comes with an extra cab, an extra bed with fenders, an extra grill and a chassis. The truck that the tree fell on is almost 100% complete, even has the key dangling in the ignition. All the original wire wheels are present.I want to put together a truck from the two and want to know if the frame will work as the one under the complete truck is severely rusted. Here are some pics, didn't get a pic of the other bed but it is pretty nice. I think I can save the rest of the sheetmetal. My question is can you tell what year frame the black cab is on? The guy said it was a 36 passenger car he thought. How can I tell the year? It has juice brakes on it. will it work?