Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
lodaddyo

Default my 30/31 ccpu build

I don't know how it happened but it did. I wasn't really planning on building a ccpu but it looks like now I am. I already have a couple other projects in the works, but I was cruising the local craigslist and came across an ad for a running and driving model a chassis. made the call and went to talk to the guy. seems he was pulling a 30 ccpu body off the stock frame to build a sbc powered streetrod uke:. anyway a deal was struck and I left with the chassis for $1000, turns out it had a b motor in it. which was pretty cool., the old guy had no idea.

so now I had the chassis I had no idea what body I was gonna use or what I was gonna do with it. two days late I get a call from a buddy who says he found a model a pickup and if I wanted he was gonna pass. went and took a look at it, it was all there, plus most of a 31 2 door sedan was part of the deal. $500 poorer and it was all headed home.

so im not trying to build a show car or am I worried about points or judges. just want to put together a cool little stock pickup on the cheap. I removed the engine and trans, axles and stripped the frame bare. started cleaning everything up for paint and reassembly.

got the axle all cleaned up and repainted. I'll get the front axle finished up tonight and then start on the frame, engine and trans.

lodaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote