Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
RandyMettler

Default Both 94s sinked at 20kg/h at idle

I can not get the kg/h below 20 or the car stalls. 20kg/h will open both 3.5 power valve at idle. My car goes through a gallon of gas in 15 minutes at idle. Starts easy when cold. Does not like to start even with only a couple of minutes of idling. I checked spark/good, but only with the sparkplug removed and cleaned. I checked fuel delivery/good. My plugs are soaked in gas. I have a 8BA, dual 94s 3.5 power valves, 47 jets, non progressive linkage, new air filters, new plugs, new plug wires, crab ignition just serviced, valve lash just set, just installed a fuel pressure regulator, just installed a Charlie Ny fuel pump, just rebuilt my 94s. I am guessing my power valves are functioning as designed. Why 20kg/h at idle? Turning my crab left or right seam to have no effect on idle. Turning my idle mixture screws in and out has no effect what so ever unless I turn them all the way in. I unscrewed the intake manifold plug to relieve the vacuum pressure. That did not have any effect on the snail readings, only made the car backfire. It has to be something simple? I can stand by the motor and hear the 94s sucking air, way too much, but I am probable mistaken.

Regards

Last edited by RandyMettler; 02-19-2019 at 07:28 PM.
RandyMettler is offline   Reply With Quote