Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
sturgis 39

Default Moving one thread to another thread

There is a thread about front spring. I wanted to post a thread about the rear spring spreader on this thread. How is this done? I tried a few thing but none of them worked.

Thanks- no thank yous in advance- just kidding!

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Moving one thread to another thread

If you just want to link to an entire thread, just copy that thread's URL (up in the address bar) and then click on the Icon Button that looks like a chain link over top of a little globe That will let someone click on it to go to that thread.

If there is something specific in another thread (i.e. like post #4 of a certain thread), go to that thread on on the right side corner of that particular post you will see numbers. Click on that number and a new window will open with just that thread post. Copy that URL and link to it just like I suggested above.

Does this answer your question??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

For example, to link to the Frame Spreader post: http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23114

To link to a specific post (such as post #6 ):
http://fordbarn.com/forum/showpost.p...90&postcount=6

Now if you want to post Tom's whole thread, just highlight his entire post and do a Copy & Paste:

12-14-2010, 08:08 PM #6 Tom Endy

Re: Rear spring spreader
The spring spreader in the photo is the less expensive version of the ones most suppliers offer. This one does not have the spring loaded retainers and the thrust bearings. They were originally sold by AC&R for between $60 and $85. and it is just as safe.

I also have a home made one similar to the one in the posted web site. By the time I obtained all the material and had it welded it cost as much as a ready made one. Whatever the price, a quality made rear spring spreader is cheap insurance.

Whatever you do, please do not attempt to use a pipe and an all-thread against a banjo bolt, it is extremely dangerous and a good way to get yourself killed. If the pipe slips off the bolt head it will launch like a medieval cross bow.

Anyone who owns a Model A and does most of their own work should own a quality rear spring spreader. You will find you will use it more than once.

Tom Endy
Attached Thumbnails

Tom EndyView Public ProfileSend a private message to Tom EndySend email to Tom EndyFind More Posts by Tom EndyAdd Tom Endy to Your Contacts

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
sturgis 39

Brent

I will have to try your method.

Thanks for the help

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote