Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Wick

Default Speedster Progress

Comming along now,Ive changed a few things this summer. Moved the Cowl back about 10",moved the steering box back,remade the clutch and brake pedals. Moved the raidator forward 1"and dropped it down. Picked up Sheetmetal yesterday for 1 piece hood,and floor. Will do the wiring this weekend and...start and drive (Fish are not biting and lady friend is staying home)

Auction Finds... 1 old hood to use as a boatail,oil Temp gauge,27 cheby 21" disc wheels. 5 Gal deicing tank (say's "Remove from Aircraft before going into combat") Glass bowl Holley carb to go on Stromgberg/bendix intake.

Getting my Hershey stuff ready in my spare time. 41/42 days Till Hershey!!
Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Speedster Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Comming along now,Ive changed a few things this summer. Moved the Cowl back about 10",moved the steering box back,remade the clutch and brake pedals. Moved the raidator forward 1"and dropped it down. Picked up Sheetmetal yesterday for 1 piece hood,and floor. Will do the wiring this weekend and...start and drive (Fish are not biting and lady friend is staying home)

Auction Finds... 1 old hood to use as a boatail,oil Temp gauge,27 cheby 21" disc wheels. 5 Gal deicing tank (say's "Remove from Aircraft before going into combat") Glass bowl Holley carb to go on Stromgberg/bendix intake.

Getting my Hershey stuff ready in my spare time. 41/42 days Till Hershey!!
Wick
Weres the pitchers?
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Wick

Ive taken plenty of pictures,have not figured out how to post them on this site.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Freddie (Memphis)

Send to me, Wick...I'll post them for you....or I can tell you how to post them yourself, if you'd like... But, I wanna see 'em, too...!

I'm still doin' the rhumba, Baby...I just can't seem to quit. If momma catches us doin' the rhumba....momma would just pitch a fit. I can't help myself....it's much bigger than me. If I were you I'd hang on to a rhumba man like me...!
Freddie (Memphis) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Purdy Swoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Ive taken plenty of pictures,have not figured out how to post them on this site.
I have the same problem, can't do the album or put a picture in my avitar.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Freddie (Memphis)

Guys...I'm willing to help...either online or in person...

Online...I can send you emails...drop me your email address to [email protected] and I'll help wherever I can.

Or...if you prefer...send me your pictures and I'll post them for you. I can do so either inline so they show up in the thread like these below. Or, I can post them to your album...but I'll need your login and password to the website to do that. You can always set your password to something you feel okay in sharing with me..and then change it back when I'm done with it. I've been in the computer business since 1969, so I've helped a lot of folks along the way...and I'll be happy to help another Ford Barn subscriber... and fellow Model A enthusiast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.JPG (129.0 KB, 44 views)

I'm still doin' the rhumba, Baby...I just can't seem to quit. If momma catches us doin' the rhumba....momma would just pitch a fit. I can't help myself....it's much bigger than me. If I were you I'd hang on to a rhumba man like me...!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
craneygartz

Quote:
Ive taken plenty of pictures,have not figured out how to post them on this site
Isn't very hard and this forum has generous size limitations unlike some others.

If they are on your computer you can easily put them here as "thumbnails" people can click on to make bigger.

Only requirement is they not be larger than about 550Kb (I think that is 600 X 800) and you not try to put more than is allowed per one post.

When you are on the page typing up your post before submitting same, you can scroll down to Manage Attachments.

Clicking on that will open a window that allows you Browse to find them on your computer and upload them to this site.

John Oder
craneygartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
Juggler

To adjust size and prepare to post, open the photo you want. Then click 'file' on the top header then choose 'export' from the drop down.

You then have options on sizing. Mine works on medium/medium but others may be different. Oh yes, select JPEG as your format.

Once that is over with, save the photo to 'desktop' (choose 'desktop' from the drop down when it asks you where you want to save to) . I rename the file as the subject matter so it's easy to find when I go back to look for it so instead of 12345.JPEG it reads Woody1 for example.

I have found that on uploading the order of the photos is reversed for some reason. Not helpful if you are trying to show chronological progress! There is probably a simple fix for this (anyone? Bueller?) but I just load in reverse order.

Once the photos are on the desk top then go back to your post and click the little paperclip to attach, then choose desktop as your destination and load the photos from that list (this is where renaming Woody1 Woody2 helps).

This might not be the best or only way but has worked for me.

Regards

Juggs
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Wick

I sent 2 photos to you.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
Freddie (Memphis)

Guys...the instructions posted by Juggler work fine...but you must follow them to the "T"...or is that an "A" on this board...?

Here are Wick's photos...he says they were taken about 3 weeks ago... I sure like that "Boat Tail" look, Wick...I know it would be a lot of work, but it would sure look fine... Just my opinion...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0724101934[1].jpg (67.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 0731101456[1].jpg (58.5 KB, 109 views)

Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
Wick

Thanks for posting them!!! I want to add 1 more hood for the bottom of the boatail. (48 cheby dident want to ruin a Ford hood.) I may attach the boatail to the cowl...but probley will hang it out back past the tires. Looking for a 39 Ford split windshield to cut down and use.
I have a extra front radius rod that would make a great Push start bar/bumper.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Freddie (Memphis)

Send me that other picture, Fred...I'll post it..!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
Wick

a couple of NEW pictures,Hood and 37 ford windshield,68 bug gastank.