Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
jonathan2014

Default Need help! Just bought my first classic car

Hello everyone!
I bought a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor and I dont know what I got myself into.
The direction I want to go with my build is a rat rod style. Possibly channeled and definitely chopped later down the road. Im planning on throwing in a 305 with a 700r4 transmission. I’d love to throw a flathead in there but thats just a bit out of my budget. I know I’d have to box in the frame also and I would need to throw a Ford 9inch rear end in it. I also just removed all the fenders on the car.

With that said, I have an opportunity to buy a frame that is powder coated, boxed, includes a Ford 9in rear end, has 4 link in the rear end and is set up for disc brakes in the rear. He’s selling that frame for 1500. Is that a good deal? Or should I just stick to my rear end and find someone to do all that work for me?

The chassis on the car is all original model A parts so Id have to box in my frame. The car has a 4 banger engine.

I’ve never worked on cars in my life so im slowly learning. I know people say building a rat rod and not having any mechanical/welding skills might be a mistake but I’m willing to learn.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on where to start with my car?
jonathan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote