Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Brian

Default Can someone help me please?

Recently there was a thread on here about how eBay has prevented overseas bidders from bidding on vehicles. This has now extended to engine parts for our flatheads; There is an engine part I'm wanting to bid on, but eBay prevents me from doing so. This is nothing to do with the seller, whom I recently purchased other engine parts off of, and who clearly states in his auction that he will ship worldwide. I have emailed him, he is prepared to sell to me, but these new eBay rules preclude me even bidding.
What I want to know, is there a USA based fordbarn member that would be prepared to bid on my behalf, ie, place an autobid to my nominated amount please? Upon winning item, I would immediately pay the seller and conduct rest of the deal, so you'd get a positive feedback. My feedback is 100% positive, I pride myself in making immediate payments, as this feedback shows.
There are several members on here that I have had very satisfactory dealings with, that I could ask directly if they'd be willing to help, and still could do so, but thought I'd just throw this little dilemma out here and see what transpires.
This little caper of eBay's is just utter nonsense! Thank you in anticipation, Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
mrtexas

Default Re: Can someone help me please?

Why don't you register another ebay ID with a USA address?
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Mike B

Send me a PM Brian, be happy to work it out with you.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #4
Fe26

Googe these names; they are personal shopper sites where you tell them what you wish to purchase, they buy then send the item to you.

ForwardIt Premier US International Personal Shopper Service

USA2ME, RV Mail Forwarding Services

Good luck

Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
qmdv

I am under house arrest in Liberia and need your help giving away 500 Billion dollars.

Just kidding. I an sure there is a way to get it done.

Tim
qmdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
Pete from OZ

Hey Brian,
I would also do it for you and just have it sent to your address. I have had no problems with Ebay buying parts from the Good Ol USA, and having them sent to Australia.
Or why can,t you just get the Seller to send you a request for payment ( invoice ) by Paypal. I have done this also, and you still have the protection of payment.

Pete from OZ.
Pete from OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
35fordtn

I sell on ebay overseas everyday.. Today included. He must not have his international shiipping setting on.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
Ross F-1

I put some stuff up on the Bay recently and they are pushing their international sales arrangements at every turn. "Are you SURE you don't want to offer international sales?" I have to believe there is something not "clicked", as 35FordTN says.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #9
Rascal

Just set up a USA shipping address & zip code, ph number etc, and you should be fine.
Then, after you bid & win your parts, change that address to the NZ one before you pay the seller.
The clever ebay server detects your IP address & shuts you out.
there are hundreds of KIWI & Aussies, now being shut out due to some dodgy, rusty
relics arriving & bad feedbacks to sellers via ebay has woken a sleeping giant apparently.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #10
Brian

Thank you Gentlemen for your responses, I am currently working with a Stateside fordbarn member who will help me out.
As I stated, I have recently bought off of this eBay seller. Neither of us had any trouble conducting that deal. As a result of this recent transaction, I have his email address, and have emailed him, he has replied, this is nothing to do with the way he has this item listed. This crap is coming directly from eBay.
I have written eBay Customer Service, this is their reply;
"Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service about item [insert description of item and auction no. here). I understand from your email that you can't place a bid on the item as there's a block that prevents you from doing so. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'm happy to explain this to you.
Recently, eBay changed the way items are shown to you and members in your country. We've implemented changes that only items which are available to be delivered into your country can be purchased. At this time, this new experience is not able to be reverted back to the previous one. We understand that for a select few members this may not be the preferred the previous method for eBay. However, this is to prevent any hassles in getting the item. Given that we'll allow you to purchase this, this will still go through with customs.
We value your point of view and I have passed along your preference to experience the old method of eBay. Responses like yours helps to shape how eBay will continue operating in the future."
Make sense? I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell they are saying.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
35fordtn

Do you mind me asking what the item is? Is it big ? Hazardous? I just literally shipped 30 eBay items to New Zealand this week
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #12
Brian

Item is a flathead oil pump, not big nor hazardous!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #13
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Item is a flathead oil pump, not big nor hazardous!
Hey Brian,
I know that you believe that you misunderstand what you think that I said, however, I'm not sure that you realize that what you thought that you read is not what I meant. Regards, Epay

I'd be inclined to help you Brian, If you do not get help otherwise. I'm on left coast..Los A.

Last edited by hardtimes; 01-17-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: ..........
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #14
Brian

Thank you hardtimes, that made perfect sense! lol.