Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
1930 coupe

Last edited by 1930 coupe; 02-24-2016 at 07:21 PM.
1930 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Brentwood Bob

Default Re: How to repair a terminal box

excellent fix. Bob
Brentwood Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Tom Wesenberg

Good idea!

Now, if someone could make repro wing nuts that look like brass (because they actually are ) that would be great.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
Smofo

I thought of the screws in back shorting against the firewall and will definitely do that fix. However since I was trying to rule that out before, I wedged cardboard behind the screws to make sure hat was not the issue.
Can the wrong ammeter or bad one cause the short?

Its real funny, I reversed wire on ammeter and the problem is always the yellow/ black wire. As long as I leave that wire off the J box no short. Did I mention I installed new harness and looked at new wire to make sure its not chaffed again.
Smofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smofo View Post
I thought of the screws in back shorting against the firewall and will definitely do that fix. However since I was trying to rule that out before, I wedged cardboard behind the screws to make sure hat was not the issue.
Can the wrong ammeter or bad one cause the short?

Its real funny, I reversed wire on ammeter and the problem is always the yellow/ black wire. As long as I leave that wire off the J box no short. Did I mention I installed new harness and looked at new wire to make sure its not chaffed again.
Where do you leave the wire off? At the terminal box, or at the meter?

One of those two places sounds like the problem.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
firechief5215

Would someone kindly explain to me how I can copy a post Text and Pictures and save to my computer There is some much great information for future use but I am having no luck saving it, I have tried Paint, Microsoft words. Notepad. Maybe I need a new program Thanks Billy
firechief5215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechief5215 View Post
Would someone kindly explain to me how I can copy a post Text and Pictures and save to my computer There is some much great information for future use but I am having no luck saving it, I have tried Paint, Microsoft words. Notepad. Maybe I need a new program Thanks Billy
at the top of this thread you can also click thread tools //then subscribe to this thread and it will save it for you to your fordbarn subscribed threads account. this way it will always be there even if your computer crashes..
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
ctvpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechief5215 View Post
Chief,
To save one of the posts in this site try the following:
1 Open your word processor, whatever program you use to type a letter. I'm not sure if you have an Apple computer, but on regular windows computers, move your mouse to the lower left corner and LEFT click START.
2 That should open to show your programs. Look for 'Microsoft Word'. If you don't see it, LEFT click 'All Programs' and look for it.
3 Left click 'Word', it should open a blank area.
4 Now move your mouse to the top right corner of the screen, there are 3 little boxes, first just a line, second is a row of boxes, third is a red X. Click on the first one, the box with a line in it. Now that looks like the program is gone. But if you look at the bare at the bottom of the computer, you will see the word program. Move you mose over it, click and it opens, move you mose over the box with the bar and it is filed bown at the bottom. of what you want copied, click and HOLD the left button, and drag it to the right and down. You should see the area you want ot copy turn a different color. When you have highlighted what you want, release the left button.
6 Move your mouse within the highligted area and RIGHT click, you will see a menu open up.
7 Move you mouse over the menu to "Copy" and and LEFT click that.
8 Move your mouse down to the WORD program and LEFT click it, it will appear.
9 Move your mouse over the blank space, RIGHT click, and you will see the PASTE option. LEFT click, an there is what you want to save.
10 If you want to file it, Move you mouse to the Upper Left, and left click FILE. A menue will open, Left click 'Save As' and on the bottom of that screen ,you can enter a name like "Model A"
11 Be sure that the the box 'My Documents' is highlighted on the left, if not, move your mouse over it and just left click once, it will highlight it.
12 Click on save

It sounds complicated, but it will become easy the more you play with it.

Craig
ctvpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
firechief5215

Thanks to all as always you come through for me Again thanks Billy
firechief5215 is offline   Reply With Quote