Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
ctlikon0712

Default Re: Late 31 differences

I would think if they did that it’s because of the aforementioned instances where flat firewalls were documented to have been used on some later cars. Everyone knows that if you see an original car with an indented firewall and a dash to column mount that it is a late 31. Ron, the early 32' A is a good question! How about it? Made through Feb. 32 Right?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
norson

I really appreciate the information in this thread. I have pieces of three '31s. An early '31 roadster that is mostly complete and I do have a serial number for. A 68c body only and no numbers. (recessed firewall and three hole mirror). Sure would like to zero in on a time frame for the body number and the frame number. While gathering parts for the 68c I bought pieces to a late Vicki. Cowl, one door, frame (with wire brake rod guides, shocks, steering). Skipped on the front axle because it had the wrong brake drums. Now I find out they are the correct five spoke drums. The body has the body number tag, but the frame number might be a problem. I've found that these cars with the wood sills rusted the top for the frame to the point that much if not all of the serial number is gone. It's kind of neat collecting these parts in the hope of completing them, but failing that making some other car complete. Anyway this thread has supplied me with information I didn't have before. Are there any other sources of the same type of information? I know of the 68c site. How about the Vicki? Thanks. Norm
norson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
Brian SATX

The Victoria Associaitron has a great newsletter anf two reference books. While the books focus on Victorias, they also have good material that relates to all A's. The presidnet is Vern on this board.